Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M42 legit and value ?

Article about: Hi All, There is a local guy selling this helmet. Any idea if this one is legit and what would be an approximate value ? The guy is asking \\$350. The white looks recent to me but I have only

Default M42 legit and value ?

Hi All,

There is a local guy selling this helmet.

Any idea if this one is legit and what would be an approximate value ? The guy is asking $350.

The white looks recent to me but I have only seen the pics and not the helmet in person.
    M42 legit and value ?M42 legit and value ?M42 legit and value ?M42 legit and value ?M42 legit and value ?M42 legit and value ?
    Wondering if I should buy this helmet or not.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 legit and value ?
    P
    Many

no, save tour $ toward a better example.,

The dyed liner and interior paint suggest that this is a Postwar Norwegian Reissue...

Quote by Trap666 View Post
    Hi All,

There is a local guy selling this helmet.

Any idea if this one is legit and what would be an approximate value ? The guy is asking $350.

The white looks recent to me but I have only seen the pics and not the helmet in person.
    M42 legit and value ?M42 legit and value ?M42 legit and value ?M42 legit and value ?M42 legit and value ?M42 legit and value ?
    Wondering if I should buy this helmet or not.

Thanks
    Hello Trap.

We are happy to discuss items, but we do not give monetary valuations because price is subjective. Saying this I would second what Glenn has said.

Kind regards,

Will.

Too many liabilities with this helmet to list. Save your money. Jim G.

If you’re after a helmet in original German WW2 condition, then this isn’t it. However, there are plenty of good original examples out there

Thanks a lot Guys. I didn't buy it following your advices. :-)

Now Will I understand that we shouldn't discuss prices but how are we newbies supposed to know if a price asked is fair or not ?

Would it be possible to give us some general pricing guidelines ?

Quote by Trap666 View Post
    Thanks a lot Guys. I didn't buy it following your advices. :-)

Now Will I understand that we shouldn't discuss prices but how are we newbies supposed to know if a price asked is fair or not ?

Would it be possible to give us some general pricing guidelines ?
    The best way to gauge the monetary value of an item is once you know what it is, do an internet search and compare what others are going for or what they have sold for.

I wouldn't know the value of this because I don't collect helmets. Keep in mind that this may be an original ww2 German shell, but it has been used by the Norwegians, then has had a coat of white paint added, maybe by a reenactor? These things make it nowhere near what an untouched German helmet would be worth.

I hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Will.

It's overpriced, btw...It wouldn't be such a bad deal at around $200... especially if you're just looking for a display piece and not a pristine example...