Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M42, NS64 SD Luftwaffe

Article about: Here is my first WWII combat lid of the year. A banging start to the year, I would say. Out of a local family in Baltimore, MD. Reported to have come from a POW camp guarded by Luftwaffe per

Default M42, NS64 SD Luftwaffe

Here is my first WWII combat lid of the year. A banging start to the year, I would say. Out of a local family in Baltimore, MD. Reported to have come from a POW camp guarded by Luftwaffe personnel, but this has not been confirmed yet. Previous owner is still looking for the documents. Still has a good amount of textured paint remaining. The long portion of the strap is complete. The buckle section was broken with just the steel buckle and a little bit of leather remaining. Hope you like
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42, NS64 SD Luftwaffe   M42, NS64 SD Luftwaffe  

M42, NS64 SD Luftwaffe   M42, NS64 SD Luftwaffe  

M42, NS64 SD Luftwaffe  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42, NS64 SD Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

Default Re: M42, NS64 SD Luftwaffe

Great looking and complete original lid with a nice looking decal and paint! You must be happy with that one
    Would top it off if you can research it's history,

Great pick-up, congrats,

Chris.

That's a lovely LW m42.... I love the grey textured paint on it, congrats!

That's like a beer after a long day mate, really good looking lid there. I can see why you went for it now, I want one

Also, I just noticed the ever so slight application quirk on the wings. They are a little flatter than usual I think, or is it me? That just adds to it

Hi Helmstone,a cracking helmet once more,a lovely decal and the usual poorly fitted rivets that seem to be most common on M42's.I think the manufacturers must have been getting a bit tired of making helmets by this stage of the war!!LOL.

Very nice example. I always like the way the bird flies on these NS helmets.Thanks for posting this one. Jim G.

Top NS helmet !

Thanks for the kind remarks. I am extremely happy with this one since I missed a 42 LW last year in similar condition. I just hope the family can come through with the documents to back up the story!

Wow that's a nice one, I love the look of the decal! It would be made even better with the history. It'll be interesting to see what else you find out about it.

I just got my first single decal of the year in the mail today to! I'll post it up this weekend.

regards,
    Corey

she is a beauty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast