Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M42 SS Helmet

Article about: Hi guys! So I found this M42 SS Single Decal helmet it looked okay at first but then when comparing it to another decal the SS Decal bolts seem to thin to me.? I think it’s a Ckl produced

Default M42 SS Helmet

Hi guys! So I found this M42 SS Single Decal helmet it looked okay at first but then when comparing it to another decal the SS Decal bolts seem to thin to me.? I think it’s a Ckl produced helmet. Any opinions are appreciated! Thank you guys!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 SS Helmet   M42 SS Helmet  

M42 SS Helmet   M42 SS Helmet  

M42 SS Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 SS Helmet
    P
    Many

What do you think Mate? I dont collect these so unsure but whats your opinion

At first I thought it was good until comparing it with another ckl (ET) decal and the Bolts seem to thin.

Almost seems like a EF Style decal I’m just not sure if those decals appear on ET helmets or maybe a Pocher decal but I do not think they are found on m42’s very often.?

These are not ET runes so there you go...
    The table on my page should make it easy to cross reference.

SS Decals – German Helmet Vault

Thank you! So ET SS decals where strictly for those helmets?

Yes ... I think there will be a time when I get into the nitty gritty of SS Runes Im sure. I usually skip over these sections in Ref Books / Franks site etc. Just the basics I know for these. I find the only way I learn is researching fully whatever it may be (KM /Police / Heer Etc) and if Im not buying one it doesnt "stick" if that makes sense. No Urgency. Photoshop is a good tool sometimes when I compare decals. Overlay some over each other. Takes time etc
    Z

Quote by Giants77 View Post
    Thank you! So ET SS decals where strictly for those helmets?
    ET only used ET decal but EF also on M42 occasionally.
    Pocher only on reissued helmets so in such cases helmets were repainted or have another decal under the pocher. Most of the time a Pocher like decal is a red flag like it is here.

I have never seen an ET M42 with a Pocher on the right that I would buy. A Pocher on the left is a really big red flag. Every M42 I have seen with a Pocher runic shield has been a reverse double decal SS (with the runes on the left and Party Shield on the right) or a double runic SS helmet. Jim G.