Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M42 Stop that Rust

Article about: Hey guys the M40 fell through but I found this M42 and before I buy I had a question the outer helmet seems to be covered in “active” rust if that makes sense is there a way to stop the

MAP
    ?

Not much more to add. The helmet will be fine. Especially in a low humidity environment
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Stop that Rust
    P
    Many

I've always been an advocate for wearing gloves when handling vintage collectibles of any kind. Museum professionals follow that practice for a reason. It's a hassle, but it's better than the things we collect slowly deteriorating over time.

B.B.

Hello guys,

I agree on MAP that this helmet should remain untouched if kept in an environment such as the desert =D For more humidy places as mentioned I'd suggest placing a silica gel pot on the cabinet(most of the pots are suitable to keep a full room dry), that should keep it dry garanteed. Some people use it for ammo too, so should do the job for rust prevention.

Regarding gloves, its something that i really do and in case I touch the objects directly with my hands (at the purchasing time for example) I immidiately clean it with a dry cloth, this way I keep it from being deteriorated on my hands after 80 years
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Stop that Rust  

Quote by MAP View Post
    Not much more to add. The helmet will be fine. Especially in a low humidity environment
    I agree , stay away with oils and other products.

That is a good idea Fp I had no idea they had products to keep humidity out like that beside de-humidifier machines.

Just got the m42 in and I like it! It’s sad the helmet wasn’t stored correctly and got some rust it would’ve been a great m42, but for around 300 dollars I can’t complain.
    Also a good surprise is the seller thought it was a size 64 but it’s actually a 66! Chinstrap has been cut towards the end but the last two holes for the chinstrap are there.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Stop that Rust   M42 Stop that Rust  

M42 Stop that Rust   M42 Stop that Rust  

M42 Stop that Rust  

Well, still a really nice M42. A bit salty, but definitly original!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2