Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M42 Winter Camo

Article about: Hi all! So my next helmet I want to focus on a Camo helmet I usually have a general idea of what to look for on camos but I know winter Camos are hard to tell so I just wanted to post it for

Default M42 Winter Camo

Hi all! So my next helmet I want to focus on a Camo helmet I usually have a general idea of what to look for on camos but I know winter Camos are hard to tell so I just wanted to post it for more opinions as the liner seems like it has less wear than the outside of the helmet. thank you guys for any opinions!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Winter Camo   M42 Winter Camo  

M42 Winter Camo   M42 Winter Camo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Winter Camo
    P
    Many

Giants, I think the best way to study camos if you don’t own an original or can’t handle one is to use the search function on the top right of this page just next to the green heading “Join WRF” and search under snow camos. You could also look at joining other groups such as GHW and and doing the same. Cast the net wider. Jan Medland has just released a brilliant new book called German Helmets 1916-1945. This contains some great images original camos and is advertised on this site.

When I’m not reading current threads I’m re-reading old threads - it’s a great way to learn. Evaluate the camos you see on the different posts before looking at the opinions. It’s a great way of gaining a sense of what’s good and what’s not.

There are also some examples on Schwerpunkt’s site and some information about snow camos. Another great resource but remember camos are highly contentious so tread lightly: Collecting snow camo & red cross helmets – German Helmet Vault

Andy

Thank you Andy I will definitely head over to Schwerpuncts and read up on these snow camos. I did try searching for snow camos in the search engine but other titles for some reason kept popping up a bunch for eBay for some odd reasons?
    Also just wanted to post to get a group opinion because I know Camos are different In everyone’s eyes and need a group decision to be considered “authentic”.

It is not one I would consider. Zero wear , zero use.

Hi, there are some large areas of chipped pain work underneath the white over paint indicating heavy use, but as Frank states the white wash itself and the liner are in a much better condition. For me a fairly new "re-furb". Leon.

+ no wear from being handled in the typical locations. White paint on the edge of the front visor. Zero patina. Another ruined original helmet.

Thank you guys I thought it might stand a chance because it had some yellowing of the white paint but the lack of ware is a big deal if I want a snow camo it’s probably best to wait for one with a decal so it might take a while but as it says on the German helmet vault improves the chances of it being authentic thank you guys!