Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Markings on Luftwaffe DD Helmet liner

Article about: Hi all Does anyone know what the following markings are for, they are on a liner of a Luftwaffe M35 DD helmet with 1st pattern eagle and shield. I am not sure if it is the maker of the liner

Default Markings on Luftwaffe DD Helmet liner

Hi all

Does anyone know what the following markings are for, they are on a liner of a Luftwaffe M35 DD helmet with 1st pattern eagle and shield.

I am not sure if it is the maker of the liner or not...any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    DaveAttachment 1318847

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Markings on Luftwaffe DD Helmet liner
    P
    Many

I googled LNEA II 14 and something with "Luftwaffen Nachrichten Ersatz Abteilung II 14" came up, so maybe that? Was from a visor cap that had the same stamp but with a 1938 date on it.
    Hope this helps.
    Luis

Thanks Luis...that would make sense from what you have said especially if it is in a visor cap as well and similar stamp. Dave

Quote by PotatoDigger View Post
    I googled LNEA II 14 and something with "Luftwaffen Nachrichten Ersatz Abteilung II 14" came up, so maybe that? Was from a visor cap that had the same stamp but with a 1938 date on it.
    Hope this helps.
    Luis
    Fantastic Luis !!

Yes...a unit mark. Often seen in the lining of an early Luft helmet. Here's a couple more
    D.
    Attached Images Attached Images Markings on Luftwaffe DD Helmet liner  Markings on Luftwaffe DD Helmet liner 

Haha, thanks David
    Glad I was of help
    Luis