Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Movie Prop? Fake? Have doubts. Seeking professional advice. Luftwaffe DD Aluminum

Article about: Men, Evening. Seeking your knowledge. Found this. Have not purchased. Curious. Unsure. Rivets holding chin strap to square loops caught my eye. See chin straps that are sewn or stitched. Doe

MAP
    ?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    I do miss Jules.
    The one I was referring to above was the one Jules owned. I think the generals name was Kugler or something like that.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Movie Prop? Fake? Have doubts. Seeking professional advice. Luftwaffe DD Aluminum
    P
    Many

Hi Mike, I think Jules' Kugler helmet was an aluminum M35 Herr, a wonderful piece! Was talking to Joe G today about Jules. He was a real trip, a really great guy. Jim G.

MAP
    ?

Hi Mike, I think Jules' Kugler helmet was an aluminum M35 Herr, a wonderful piece! Was talking to Joe G today about Jules. He was a real trip, a really great guy. Jim G.
    Ahh. Thanks. I had a few photos that Jules sent me and mistakenly deleted them a few year back. Forgot that it was an M35. Always told him I would be a buyer if he ever sold it!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I would ask better photos of both decals before you proceed and make sure you are buying this from someone who actually owns it. Lots of frauds around.
    So far looking good.

?

I do miss Jules.
    Jules certainly was a character. Always pedal to the medal at 100 mph.

Adding a couple more pics I obtained from the seller that were not included in the original post. Examined the pic with the chinstrap closely and have combed the web for any similar design. Lacking having this in my hands, my observations are only based on the photos supplied. A few characteristics noticed are for starters, there does not seem to be a prong, it is dual steel tri-glide design and shows the typical age and wear on the leather in areas under the chin and along the sides of the face in front of the ears. The shape of the main tri-glide is very interesting to me. It is flat on two sides and rounded on the other two sides. The corners of the tri-glide are not a broad rounded corner. There does not appear to be a bow or curve in the main tri-glide. The end of the chin-strap is flat or cut off, not pointed.

This other pic shows a very faint 56 1/2 in the crown. Hard to make out, but, it is there if you can see it. I have stepped on this picture in order to allow a easier viewing of the numbers.

Studied the Luftwaffe second pattern quiz on here and have determined to the best of my knowledge the decal on this parade helmet is original/period. Lacking a better, clearer closeup of the National Tri-color decal, I'm not able make any conclusions. Located another post on here with multiple samples of the National Tri-Colors and have noticed a few areas on this parade helmet decal that stand out. The upper right corner of the red stripe and the lower left corner of the red stripe does not line up with the middle white stripe. The upper right corner of the black stripe shows a slight upward turn and the lower left corner of the black stripe does not line up with the middle white stripe. Hard to tell from the pics provided.

All comments and opinions thus far are valuable and educational to me. Please keep them coming.

Thank you gentlemen very much.

-Von Ritt

Movie Prop? Fake? Have doubts. Seeking professional advice. Luftwaffe DD AluminumMovie Prop? Fake? Have doubts. Seeking professional advice. Luftwaffe DD Aluminum

Default Similar National Tri-Color

Having excellent veteran collectors and their collections are a blessing. I for one am extremely thankful for those that have beaten the path and have acquired some of the best examples of TR I have ever seen.

Examining Helmet2ID pics on page 2, there are striking similarities in the fine details of the National Tri-Color decal. As I mentioned above the black and red diagonal stripes have subtle gaps along the edge. Posting some closeups screen gaps of Helmet2ID's National Tri-Color decals. Also adding a larger picture of the National Tri-Color decal on this parade helmet.

Movie Prop? Fake? Have doubts. Seeking professional advice. Luftwaffe DD AluminumMovie Prop? Fake? Have doubts. Seeking professional advice. Luftwaffe DD AluminumMovie Prop? Fake? Have doubts. Seeking professional advice. Luftwaffe DD Aluminum

Default Tri-glide

Just an observation. Could it be the tri-glide on this M1934 lightweight fire / police square dip aluminum is similar to the tri-glide of this parade helmet. A very different chinstrap. Very interesting just how many different variations of chinstraps were manufactured.
    Movie Prop? Fake? Have doubts. Seeking professional advice. Luftwaffe DD Aluminum

Arrived. New pics. Light as a feather.
    -Von Ritt

Movie Prop? Fake? Have doubts. Seeking professional advice. Luftwaffe DD AluminumMovie Prop? Fake? Have doubts. Seeking professional advice. Luftwaffe DD AluminumMovie Prop? Fake? Have doubts. Seeking professional advice. Luftwaffe DD AluminumMovie Prop? Fake? Have doubts. Seeking professional advice. Luftwaffe DD AluminumMovie Prop? Fake? Have doubts. Seeking professional advice. Luftwaffe DD AluminumMovie Prop? Fake? Have doubts. Seeking professional advice. Luftwaffe DD Aluminum

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3