Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Double decal M35

Article about: hi love german helmets got my first recently could you please look at it i have no idea about dacalls and why they are like this

?

Default Double decal M35

hi love german helmets got my first recently could you please look at it i have no idea about dacalls and why they are like this.it has Q62 405 marking on inner rim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Double decal M35   Double decal M35  

Double decal M35   Double decal M35  

Last edited by dall; 10-18-2020 at 02:45 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Double decal M35
    P
    Many

The titel of the thread is a bit confusing, what you posted seems to be an very early Double Decal M35 with a singel band aluminium liner.
    It would be interesting to know what the stamps of the helmet are, there should be numbers and Letters in the inner skirt of the helmet, for example - 4342 / ET 64 -

Your helmet looks to be original at first glance, although i suspect that the decals where once overpainted, but the paint was later removed, wich resulted in the state they are now in.

In conclusion a very nice first helmet, congrats.

?

thanks for sharing it.

?

This is just my opinion,but i dont exactly agree about the decals with you Adravor.
    I'm looking at the photos from a big screen and i dont see traces of paint on the Heer decal.
    When I look at the tricolor traces of paint can be seen yes,but i dont think the decal was liberated,looks more like the paint chipped off.
    For me its a good but very salty helmet.
    Ripper.

?

decal after bit of cleaningDouble decal M35

CSW
    ?

So you stripped some of the green period paint off just to see more red color on the decal? Please do not go any further that way! Now it kind of is a "liberated" example...

Leaving it the way it is would be the best decision imo.

Have you got a photo of the tri colour before you ‘cleaned’ it?

IMO, the tri colour show all the hallmarks of being uncovered. The way the red of the shield has been rubbed and exposed the backing paper is indicative of this. I believe it was originally painted over during reissue but someone has very carefully removed the paint in an attempt increase the value.

The Heer decal looks as though it was not painted over but carefully painted around. There is enough detail in areas e.g. the swaz that would be damaged if the decal was rubbed with an abrasive.

A nice helmet but shame about the way it has been treated post 1945.

Andy

CSW
    ?

Andy, the very first picture of the thread seems to show the tricolor before the cleaning.

Thanks Nordlicht, missed that - thought it was a smaller shot of the Heer decal. So, definitely liberated but in the last few weeks!

Quote by dall View Post
    decal after bit of cleaningDouble decal M35
    OMG , you just ruined a nice untouched single decal reissue with a period overpainted tricolor !

You ruined your helmet man.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast