Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My first m35 DD SE64.. help please

Article about: I just got what was described by “knowledgeable people” to be original and authentic. My logic (based on mind numbing hours of reading and pictures but no authentic items to touch and sm

Quote by michaeldeb0rah View Post
    Andy, I hope at whatever stage of life you are in that you use the same intuitive caring and confirming thought process in growing those around you that weren’t blessed with your gift as you do here. Take care.
    Mike
    Thanks Mike! I’m halfway between young and old lol….We certainly have a great bunch of guys here who are more than happy to share their knowledge and expertise. I’d say some of that has certainly rubbed off on me

And while we learn about the past, we also pay tribute by remembering those who used and owned these items before we became custodians. Really looking forward to seeing some photos of this beauty when you receive it. Not only original, but a nice piece of history. Congratulations!

Andy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first m35 DD SE64.. help please
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

Quote by michaeldeb0rah View Post
    Thank you so much. Per chance, can you tell me the name of the decal maker? I’m trying to learn to differentiate the nuances. They seem so subtle.
    You're welcome. I see MAP answered the question about the decal.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

MAP
    ?

Quote by TWS View Post
    You're welcome. I see MAP answered the question about the decal.
    I would recommend the OP to purchase a good book on German Helmets if he is seriously interested in learning.

Quality reference books are not cheap but worth every penny. Check out the reference library section of the forum for a selection. Most are out of print but can be found used ( some like Ken Niewiarowicz "the Helmet Decals of the Third Reich" can go for hundreds of dollars). That said, Jan Meland's "German Helmets 1916 - 1945" is still in print and is an excellent book that I highly recommend.

Third Reich Steel Helmets (ALL categories, HEER, SS, LUFT, KM)

In the meantime, here is a great online reference. Start with the "Helmets 101" section and then move to each of the Branches (Heer, Luft, Police, etc) where there is a good decal reference section.

About Decals – German Helmet Vault
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP, thank you for taking the time to map (no pun intended) an efficient and worthwhile path that would help me and/or anyone who would like to do well as quickly as possible. I have in fact put out feelers for Ken’s book and that of Brian Ice. I believe I have read German Helmet Vault a dozen times as well as any other article that didn’t appear false at first glance. . I have worried Ryan with Epic Artifacts and Jesse with Helmets of war too much but they have been gentlemen in dealing with my questions. I appreciate a wide swath of dedicated and caring knowledgeable people who spend their time helping people who want to help themselves. Thank you for helping me. I am always open to ways to better myself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2