Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My Heer steel helmets, all four of 'em...

Article about: As Doug stated in my thread where I posted up my double decal Heer M35, I am mostly into Luftwaffe headgear, but do have some Heer items, here are my Army examples, I will start with the d/d

Default My Heer steel helmets, all four of 'em...

As Doug stated in my thread where I posted up my double decal Heer M35, I am mostly into Luftwaffe headgear, but do have some
    Heer items, here are my Army examples, I will start with the d/d again...

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Heer steel helmets, all four of 'em...   My Heer steel helmets, all four of 'em...  

My Heer steel helmets, all four of 'em...   My Heer steel helmets, all four of 'em...  

My Heer steel helmets, all four of 'em...   My Heer steel helmets, all four of 'em...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Heer steel helmets, all four of 'em...
    P
    Many

Single decal Heer M40, it is a Q64...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Heer steel helmets, all four of 'em...   My Heer steel helmets, all four of 'em...  

All of the helmets I have posted here, have been shown on the GHW 2 forum before, so apologies if you have seen them before.

Here is another M40 single decal, this one is a DAK cammo veteran...

Having said that all have been seen before on the GHW 2, not quite correct, I haven't shown this one before, a nice M42 single decal
    that I picked up from M38 (Terry) recently.

Some comments from Terry re the M42:-

"This is one I bought in 1985 directly from the vet, a black man named Henry Brown. Unfortunately l did not ask him
    at the time the circumstances of how or where he picked it up. It is an hkp64 with batch number 3228, a 1942 dated liner band with size 57 leather, an RBNr
    chinstrap, and a dome stamp."

Bob

?

My wife just asked me why do I look green right now.
    She will never understand.

Thanks Steve, I think my wife would be a very happy woman if I sold 'em all off, she isn't keen on my collecting habits, but ....
    as we have been together for just over 40 years now, I guess she has learned to live with it !

This is what started me off, many moons back, my very first helmet, a fibreglass replica made for some war movie back in the 1960's,
    (I have no idea what movie), and I was the only kid on the block with a German helmet, so I had to play the German when we kids did
    our games etc. When I joined the Army in 1971 my mum gave it away to one of the kids in the neighbourhood, but I was lucky enough
    to retrieve it when I came home on leave ! I still have it....
    (I think it is supposed to represent a KM example)

Bob

?

Great stuff Bob!

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Great stuff Bob!
    +1!
    Regards,
    John

Well I guess if I could only have 4 Heer helmets they would look alot like this! great lids!

Nice collection Bob - I love your M40's.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast