Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

My M40 Camo

Article about: I present to you my only helmet Offered by a friend who kept it in his barn. Certainly left in the commune during the withdrawal of August 44 between Normandy and Belgium. From the inside it

Default My M40 Camo

I present to you my only helmet
    Offered by a friend who kept it in his barn. Certainly left in the commune during the withdrawal of August 44 between Normandy and Belgium.
    From the inside it appears to be a luft. There are 2 names, one in paint and a more discreet one in pencil.
    Your opinions are welcome
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My M40 Camo   My M40 Camo  

My M40 Camo   My M40 Camo  

My M40 Camo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My M40 Camo
    P
    Many

Hi there.

The Feldpost number 34521 is for -

34521 (28.4.1940-14.9.1940) RAD-Abteilung 4/104
    34521 (8.9.1943-22.4.1944) 4.4.1944 gestrichen
    34521 (25.11.1944-8.5.1945) 16.3.1945 Sonderkommando Fuhrerhauptquartier

Feldpost Number Database | GermanStamps.net

Kind regards,

Will.

MAP
    ?

Would love to see outdoor photos of the paint. A bit hard to see.

Looks to have been a sudfront camo then an overpaint again. But I do have some questions that hopefully can be resolved with better photos.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I really like this one and agree it does look like Luftwaffe blue paint on inside. Inside looks totally untouched and in the 11 & 12th photos showing the outside clearly, the paint looks period and untouched as well. I too would love to see some outside day photos just to enjoy this one a little more, however overall I think you have a very nice untouched helmet there! Congratulations!

Andy

Thank you for your answers,
    This morning I took some photos outside, I placed the gas mask box for color comparison, to confirm to me that it is a Luft, I also provided photos where I think I can guess the eagle of the luft.
    Can't the 5 digits correspond to the soldier's service number, I thought I read that there were 5 digit numbers

Regards from France

My M40 CamoMy M40 CamoMy M40 CamoMy M40 CamoMy M40 CamoMy M40 CamoMy M40 CamoMy M40 CamoMy M40 Camo

MAP
    ?

Thanks for the outdoor photos. All looks good to me but I still have some concerns about the paint behind the loose split pins. Not an immediate red flag but certainly something to look into. Many legit reasons why this is so
    But also sometimes indicates the liner was out when the over paint was applied (I.e. post war). I do not think that is the case here.

My guess is a quick repaint with a blah color to cover the sud front pattern that was not appropriate for the new location the soldier was in
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)