Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My M42 Helmet from a garage

Article about: This helmet was found in a garage. It was recently a gift to me. It's actually what has got me back into collecting and joining here after a 10+ year hiatus. The inside dome has a deep green

Default My M42 Helmet from a garage

This helmet was found in a garage. It was recently a gift to me. It's actually what has got me back into collecting and joining here after a 10+ year hiatus. The inside dome has a deep green textured paint, the inside of the neck guard is the same deep green. The outside is painted black, or it looks black (post war?), and looks to have been applied a long time ago, a very long time ago. I don't see any evidence of there being a decal on it, but I'm still learning about the subtle things in german helmet life. What is odd or just coincidence is the front right rivet has come loose and under the rivet, and looks to be under the black paint, is a bit of red paint, and a hint of what looks like yellow. Just a small spot. I found it interesting anyway. The liner and felt are intact, 99% of the leather is gone. Stamps are present. hkp64. 16432

My M42 Helmet from a garage My M42 Helmet from a garage My M42 Helmet from a garage My M42 Helmet from a garage My M42 Helmet from a garage My M42 Helmet from a garage My M42 Helmet from a garage My M42 Helmet from a garage My M42 Helmet from a garage My M42 Helmet from a garage My M42 Helmet from a garage

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My M42 Helmet from a garage
    P
    Many

I like this one! That is a very nice garage find! The Inside paint is definitly original. And at first glance i think the outside paint is original too, i´m not sure if factory applied or later added durng service though.

With the Lotn. 16432 it probably would have been an ND - there is one in Germanhelmetvaults Databank with the Lotn. 16430 which is also a ND M42.

A shame about the white paint outside - i dont know what the red and yellow dots could be from, but i suppose they are from storage in that garage for years.

[QUOTE= i dont know what the red and yellow dots could be from, but i suppose they are from storage in that garage for years.[/QUOTE]

that was my first thought too, but to me anyway, the red and what looks like yellow are under the shells paint.

Nice honest helmet.
    I have a 16430 in my lot nr list , has a 1943 dated liner. Can you read yours but don't take it out :-)
    If you can't read it you can't read it. It's not that important.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Nice honest helmet.
    I have a 16430 in my lot nr list , has a 1943 dated liner. Can you read yours but don't take it out :-)
    If you can't read it you can't read it. It's not that important.
    I'll take a very careful look.

Okay on the liner it looks like

RBNro(?)/0255(?)/0038

I like this one Simon. Typical of many originals helmets that have unfortunately been poorly stored in a garage and fallen victim to paint splatter over the years. All a part of this helmets history and still interesting.

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    I like this one Simon. Typical of many originals helmets that have unfortunately been poorly stored in a garage and fallen victim to paint splatter over the years. All a part of this helmets history and still interesting.
    (Laughing as I type this) Did I even get the liner stamp in the ballpark of what it might actually read?

Quote by SimonSorenKam View Post
    (Laughing as I type this) Did I even get the liner stamp in the ballpark of what it might actually read?
    perfect, thanks for confirming ;-)

Well, i am no expert on liners, but you got the date, and that most likely confirms it was always an ND like the already known cousin. You could probably find the Manufaturer by the style of writing, as they all had different logos.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast