Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

My Original Prototype M45 model "B/II" stahlhelm

Article about: I got this original ww2 german prototype stahlhelm for \\$250 a few days ago but I have no clue on how much its worth I know that they used M42 helmet liners with a doubly Y chin strap like th

the holes on that helmet are in different spots and the ends of the helmets flare out a bit on a slope, you can tell and that image looks like the ET15 was carved not stamped but thx

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Original Prototype M45 model "B/II" stahlhelm
    P
    Many

?

You need a new supplier.......

It would be interesting to see some of the items he has.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I'm sure your good friend will refund you Herr Dr Toast, given the honest opinions offered !
    Paul

If he knew what it was, he would have known the price for an Original would likely be probaly in the 4 or rather 5 digit range. So your trust in your friend is likely misplaced, sorry.

As Mark Twain once said, it’s far easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.

B.B.

MAP
    ?

Quote by DrFrenchToast View Post
    Lol i didnt get it from ebey at all tho i got it from my supplier who is a trusted source he has around 300 different ww1=ww2 german stuff including 13 stirnpanzers 11 panzerfausts an mp40 an mg08/15 a ton more and he always always makes Shure things are 100% legit before he buys or sells them
    I do not know your friend nor will I judge him, but a general warning in this hobby is to be careful who you trust.

A long collecting career and a large collection means nothing as evidenced by the link below. The hobby is littered with people like this

German Combat Helmets 1933 - 1945 by Peter J Nash, Review.....

As I noted before you have received accurate feedback from multiple collectors who are well respected in this hobby and who's advice, if incorrect, would not be tolerated on an open forum like WRF

The amount of information on this forum is huge and many many members have successfully started a collection reading, listening and asking questions here.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by DrFrenchToast View Post
    Lol i didnt get it from ebey at all tho i got it from my supplier who is a trusted source he has around 300 different ww1=ww2 german stuff including 13 stirnpanzers 11 panzerfausts an mp40 an mg08/15 a ton more and he always always makes Shure things are 100% legit before he buys or sells them

- - ------- - -

I got it from my friend who knew what it was but not how much its worth at all
    So you estasblish your friend you bought it from knows everything about helmets and he sold you the only helmet he knows nothing about , nor did you inform your ‘friend’ he was selling the uber rare BII helmet and advised him he better keep it.
    Then after getting it cheap (but not really as it is fake) from your friend you come asking here how big of a lottery ticket you won. Seeing the other 2 helmets you posted here are also junk you are clearly on the wrong path.

There is no shame in admitting you’ve made a mistake. It’s happened to every single collector to varying degrees, including everyone on this forum. A lack of experience in a field isn’t something to be ashamed of either. What sets the successful collector apart from the failure is humility.

The best course of action would be to try to return this helmet for a refund, whether full or partial. The latter is much more likely, but in this case is better than nothing. Once you’ve sent this helmet back, it would be best not to deal with this source again.

B.B.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2