Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Named M18 transitional

Article about: Hello everyone, wanted to share my newest helmet with you guys, I put an add in my local paper that I was looking for antique military items from any era, but specifically ww2, and a few day

?

Default Named M18 transitional

Hello everyone, wanted to share my newest helmet with you guys,

I put an add in my local paper that I was looking for antique military items from any era, but specifically ww2, and a few days later a woman calls me and says she has a few items her grandfather brought home.
    Her grandfather brought home this wonderful m18 transitional, as their was once a decal on it which was either removed or wore away, and the liner was upgraded at some point. The helmet has the original chinstrap was well as being named to a "Unteroffizier Hausner". The other item her grandfather brought home was a funeral sash, which I will post in the appropriate section
    As always thanks for looking and let me know what you think below
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named M18 transitional   Named M18 transitional  

Named M18 transitional   Named M18 transitional  

Named M18 transitional  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Named M18 transitional
    P
    Many

Well done!

MAP
    ?

I like it too!

If we want to get technical, I would think this would be a "re-issue" as it is only a single decal. Transitional's usually had two decal.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks for the information MAP, I didn't know there was technically a difference between them

?

Great looking Helm Wally!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by Wally6 View Post
    Thanks for the information MAP, I didn't know there was technically a difference between them
    Others know much more about the technical aspects but true transitional helmets are typically double decal and with earlier and shiny paint. They are pre-war helmets used prior to the introduction of the M35. Re-issues were repurposed shells used during WW2, often time with just a single decal and a rougher feldgrau paint.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)