Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Named M40 Luftwaffe

Article about: Hello Forum, Thanks to the good advice of the Forum i saved my money, and bought a better, just this spring on a estate sale discovered, helmet then i originally intended on GhW. Its an NS p

So not to go off topic but I do have a question. Is the swastika really banned in Europe to the point of punishment for having one even if it's for historical preservation and collecting?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Named M40 Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

Quote by SimonSorenKam View Post
    So not to go off topic but I do have a question. Is the swastika really banned in Europe to the point of punishment for having one even if it's for historical preservation and collecting?
    Yet it is PERFECTLY fine to have them on postal stamps and legal tender ( notes and coins ) issued by a banned regime??????
    ..... I have never understood, nor do that contradiction in terms.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

The Law considering Swastikas isnt that simple, basically no law in germany is simple though.

The owning and displaying of swastikas privately is unproblematic, but any display which makes the swastikas acessible to a broader audience is against the law, thus on all fleamarkets in germany its a common practice the cover the swastika up with little papers.

The import of anything bearing a swastika is forbidden, unless it serves private education, science or art. A collection would count as private education, but you would have to prove it, that should not be that much of a problem, but way too much uneccesary effort.

I have read though that the coustoms officers can often be reasoned with, and the unecessary effort can be evaded, but thats a thing of luck i assume.

Quote by Adravor View Post
    The Law considering Swastikas isnt that simple, basically no law in germany is simple though.

The owning and displaying of swastikas privately is unproblematic, but any display which makes the swastikas acessible to a broader audience is against the law, thus on all fleamarkets in germany its a common practice the cover the swastika up with little papers.

The import of anything bearing a swastika is forbidden, unless it serves private education, science or art. A collection would count as private education, but you would have to prove it, that should not be that much of a problem, but way too much uneccesary effort.

I have read though that the coustoms officers can often be reasoned with, and the unecessary effort can be evaded, but thats a thing of luck i assume.
    I have always understood that the law regarding the swastika was designed to target Neo-Nazis and other right wing idiots so as long as you are not one of those or a "Wannabe" it should be fairly easy to satisfy Herr Zoll! Either way please keep us up to date. Nice helmet by the way

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

This is a cracking helmet Adravor - i really like it. Classic SE vents.
    Really nice wear. I think you have scored a good one here.
    nick

Yes! I cant await its arrival, back in Germany after all these decades...

It finally arrived and it was definitely worth the wait. Might be my favorite helmet so far. The helmet and the leather of the liner really feel as if they where captured yesterday - which makes me confused on how it got damaged like this.

In general I love the helmet and especially the name. Definitly my buy of the year.

Named M40 LuftwaffeNamed M40 LuftwaffeNamed M40 LuftwaffeNamed M40 Luftwaffe

Named M40 Luftwaffe

(Another great example how different helmets can look in different lights)

Here it is with my NS 64 M35 and my ET 62. i think they look great together.

Named M40 Luftwaffe

A very nice lefty! Congratulations.That’s a very nice collection you’re building there Adravo.

Yes, I really like the named helmets too! I just feel a little more connection to the original owner and they are a little bit more interesting.

Andy

Another example of how different these luft helmets can look depending on the light source.
    Quite light shade blue in the original photos and darker here.

Still a great helmet either way.

nick

Very nice trio

Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2