Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

ND Heer M42

Article about: Evening all, I just received this today,it's a Heer ND M42 hkp62 with the lot no. 3543. The liner band was made by F.W. Müller Jr., Berlin in 1943, the chinstrap is intact and has an RBNr b

Default ND Heer M42

Evening all, I just received this today,it's a Heer ND M42 hkp62 with the lot no. 3543. The liner band was made by F.W. Müller Jr., Berlin in 1943, the chinstrap is intact and has an RBNr but is unreadable but is dated 44, the pins are tight and the liner is a size 55. I hope you like it and thanks for looking.

Bill.

P.S. I hope my photos have improved ND Heer M42ND Heer M42ND Heer M42ND Heer M42ND Heer M42ND Heer M42
    "Only a pimp in a Louisiana whore house carries a pearl handled revolver"
    - General George Smith Patton Jr.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ND Heer M42
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Looks like a nice example. I would say hardly worn with less than optimal post war storage given the paint condition.

Some might say non issued. But it has a chinstrap that looks to have been used. As well as a tied liner string

Let's see what others say
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I agree with MAP that it has had a little use ( see the wear on the brow of the liner ) - this could well have been a "for you, the war is over" helmet!!!

German helmet - worn once then thrown away for surrender. I think that theory is likely.

Also, its a 62 - quiet a small head, could have been for a "younger" soldier.

A nice example Bill and I agree with the comments above as they sound like the most likely scenario given the condition. I can see you really like the 42’s - they do have a classic shape. These photos and the background colour are definitely an improvement. Would love to see some outdoor photos as well.

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    A nice example Bill and I agree with the comments above as they sound like the most likely scenario given the condition. I can see you really like the 42’s - they do have a classic shape. These photos and the background colour are definitely an improvement. Would love to see some outdoor photos as well.
    Thank you guys, I'll try to take some outdoor photos in a few weeks for you Andy, it's now Fall here in Pa. and the trees still have some leaves on them and I live in the boondocks and my house is surrounded by trees so I'm in the shade from Spring until late Fall. Yes I like the shape and the rough textured paint and color of the M42, I always think of Sgt. Schultz when I see one.

Bill

?

I don't think helmets were manufactured to accommodate younger soldiers at all.
    Size 60 is a rarity especially later in the war.
    62 to 66 are most common.

Here are outdoor photos taken as per request, enjoy and thanks again for looking.

BillND Heer M42ND Heer M42