Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

ND m40 opinions.

Article about: Hello I’m hoping to get some opinions on this m40, I’m really not sure on the paint as there is very little damage to the top layer and areas of cracking, something just tells me somethi

Default ND m40 opinions.

Hello

I’m hoping to get some opinions on this m40, I’m really not sure on the paint as there is very little damage to the top layer and areas of cracking, something just tells me something isn’t right. The maker and lot number is covered by the paint and I can’t make it out. Thank you in advance for all opinions ND m40 opinions.ND m40 opinions.ND m40 opinions.ND m40 opinions.ND m40 opinions.ND m40 opinions.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ND m40 opinions.
    P
    Many

Pictures taken inside.ND m40 opinions.ND m40 opinions.ND m40 opinions.

I dunno.... Looks ok to me. Maybe Depot repainted and refurbished. Must have lost its decal along the way. I do not see a decal under the paint but a picture of that area was provided. Hmm. Perhaps it was scraped off before repainting.
    Z

- - ------- - -

Looks like a decent ND M40

I have a feeling that this shell is repainted, looks to me like Paint over very slight pitting. No pictures of the Lotn. and Makers Mark?

The makers mark is covered by the paint and the lot number only partially visible at the rear. The paint texture just seems all over the place from course to smooth and little actual wear, not sure if this is due to the overpaint or something isn’t right. Also the cracking in places and paint over lossed paint. I can’t see any sign of a decal there either.

Especially the texture on the dome inside and on the split pints, makes me think its a repaint. The inside of the dome should be completly smooth, rust is possible, but if there is that uneven paint (I´m not sure if it is like this, hard to tell by the pics) it is probably a Post War Repaint.

MAP
    ?

no depth and patina to the paint from these photos, a bit to glossy as well. I agree. My gut says post war re-paint base on what I can see.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I tend to agree with the post war paint theory. The inside doesn’t bother me and the dome is smooth but the outside is a different matter. No wear where it would usually be seen, also as map says there is no patina and it just looks to fresh. Touched up by a spray can would be my best guess. Thank you all for your opinions it’s much appreciated!

Cheers john