MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Need help identifying a World War 2 German helmet.

Article about: Hi all, I bought what looks like a Nazi World War 2 helmet at a swap meet. I have been doing a massive amount of research and have found nothing that looks like this helmet. It has been repa

Default Need help identifying a World War 2 German helmet.

Hi all, I bought what looks like a Nazi World War 2 helmet at a swap meet. I have been doing a massive amount of research and have found nothing that looks like this helmet. It has been repainted black but there is some spots were the black is worn off and some dark green shows. The guy who painted it black did not paint past the liner and there is dark green there. The helmet has a liner that looks like a World War 2 era one and has red felt underneath the liner. The helmet looks to be the shape of an original Nazi helmet but I am not sure. The chin strap is missing but the mounts are there, the mounts are corroded. The seam all the way around the helmet is not smooth. You can see underneath the black paint is metal pitting. I cannot find and numbers or writing on the helmet because of the thick repaint and pitting. What raises my concern is the vent nobs (I am not sure what there called), they look to be like a World War 1 helmet nobs. If anyone could help me identify if this helmet is real or fake and if it is real what type of helmet it is, if you can help it is greatly appreciated. Thank you - WarHorse
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help identifying a World War 2 German helmet.   Need help identifying a World War 2 German helmet.  

Need help identifying a World War 2 German helmet.   Need help identifying a World War 2 German helmet.  

Need help identifying a World War 2 German helmet.   Need help identifying a World War 2 German helmet.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help identifying a World War 2 German helmet.
    P
    Many

?????? Thought I had seen it all...this proves me wrong. No clue. Sorry
    D.

Thanks for giving it a look! Have a good day!

There are a few here that know more about German helmets than I. Maybe someone will know what this is.
    D.

Ok, Thank you

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    There are a few here that know more about German helmets than I. Maybe someone will know what this is.
    D.
    Like who???

Quote by WarHorse View Post
    Hi all, I bought what looks like a Nazi World War 2 helmet at a swap meet. I have been doing a massive amount of research and have found nothing that looks like this helmet. It has been repainted black but there is some spots were the black is worn off and some dark green shows. The guy who painted it black did not paint past the liner and there is dark green there. The helmet has a liner that looks like a World War 2 era one and has red felt underneath the liner. The helmet looks to be the shape of an original Nazi helmet but I am not sure. The chin strap is missing but the mounts are there, the mounts are corroded. The seam all the way around the helmet is not smooth. You can see underneath the black paint is metal pitting. I cannot find and numbers or writing on the helmet because of the thick repaint and pitting. What raises my concern is the vent nobs (I am not sure what there called), they look to be like a World War 1 helmet nobs. If anyone could help me identify if this helmet is real or fake and if it is real what type of helmet it is, if you can help it is greatly appreciated. Thank you - WarHorse
    WarHorse

Sorry to say but there is nothing WW2 or German about this helmet. Ground up modern fake IMHO

And "Nazi" is (was) a political party. The correct description would be a German WW2 Stalhelm. The German Army was not the Nazi party
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

M38
    ?

I don't know what it is, but I know what it isn't......it is NOT a WWII German helmet. By the way, not all Germans were Nazis and not all German helmets were Nazi helmets.

Good luck figuring it out. My best guess is a poor post war reproduction of some sort.

Cheers,
    Terry

M38
    ?

Sorry MAP, didn't mean to repeat what you said. I swear that was not there when I started my reply! But we are on the same page.

Cheers,
    Terry

MAP
    ?

Quote by M38 View Post
    Sorry MAP, didn't mean to repeat what you said. I swear that was not there when I started my reply! But we are on the same page.

Cheers,
    Terry
    Ha!!!! Never a worry Terry. This happens all the time to everyone. You start typing and hit sent only to see that someone (or many people) posted in the meantime. Glad we agree on this point!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

This is unusual. I will guess this is a theatrical creation. NH

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast