Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Normandy Brushed Camo

Article about: Hi Iam looking at this M40 EF Three color brushed Camo everything looks good to me except one thing. I’ve done some reading up on Camo helmets lately and I do have one question. the inside

It was advertised as a SD heer and I will definitely have to look into getting a usb microscope any advice on where to get it from? Also I was going to try to post it on GHW but I just had no clue how to it was difficult for me to navigate and post the helmet lol so I just gave up.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Normandy Brushed Camo
    P
    Many

I’m sure Frank could advise you on what to look for when contemplating a good USB microscope. There is a section on them on his website. I don’t think they’re super expensive, at least when compared to the cost of some helmets and probably a wise investment.

Pretty easy to post to GHW but you’ll need to be a paid up member. Happy to post them for you at some point if you want!

Andy

Thank you! I will start learning more about these microscopes and get one! It will be a very valuable tool to have for any collector! Especially for camos and SS helmets! And thank you for letting me know about German Helmet Walhalla I did not know that!

The sun shined today so I tried getting some better photos of the helmet!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Normandy Brushed Camo   Normandy Brushed Camo  

Normandy Brushed Camo   Normandy Brushed Camo  

Normandy Brushed Camo  

Here are some more close ups these camo helmets are not easy. And on the third picture of the helmet It took me a second to find the back rivet lol it was well hidden!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Normandy Brushed Camo   Normandy Brushed Camo  

Normandy Brushed Camo  

CGR
    ?

I am with Andy, is the decal an SS Decal as I am seeing a lot of white there. Will try and post some good pics of my Heer Decal peeking under camo tomorrow but its supposed to rain most of the day. Will see what I can do for comparison. Would be awesome if its SS!

Having seen these later photos and being on left the side my guess is that it could simply be a worn Heer decal (see below) or the backing paper. It should not be an SS, however, there were very rarely double runic SS helmets and runic shields have sometimes been found on the side of foreign volunteer helmets.
    Normandy Brushed Camo

I agree with you Andy my USB microscope should be here Wednesday so we can get to the bottom of it I have been studying the helmet and have noticed something on the rim of the back apron it looks like possibly blood or another thought at first was maybe post war paint somebody did not age but it doesn’t match in my opinion. ( I know there is no way to tell for sure but was just a observation) the liner is very dry and has some dark staining. Some of the inside of the helmet looks like either just rust or maybe blood that was never cleaned off. Also some staining on the helmet might have been caused by blood also which would support the idea that the bottom of the apron is blood. But again just a theory and I know there is no way to tell

Completely true about dealers etc.. but Gents i really don't see red flags as far i can see from here.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Giants77 View Post
    The sun shined today so I tried getting some better photos of the helmet!
    Like it even more now. Great helmet! Congrats
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast