Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Normandy german helmet on sale right now on ebay ? REAL ?

Article about: Hi guys, a european friend of mine has spotted on eBay.com (I guess) a german camoflaged german helmet from "Normandy" battle. WILL END TODAY- 2 HOURS LEFT ! The listing title : &q

Good for camouflage in the snowy wasteland that was Normandy in June of '44.........
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Normandy german helmet on sale right now on ebay ?  REAL  ?
    P
    Many

$405.....my God, why do these idiots keep Buying this Crap?? Now, this poor slob has this "wonderful treasure" sitting on his shelf that he's proudly displaying to all his friends and will end up looking like and being a total moronic dolt who Really needs to be Not collecting things he has no idea about at all. Or even worse...he'll die and leave this "magnificent artifact" to his poor deluded family to bring down to an actual genuine military buyer and seller only to be told that their dead father was a numbhead who didn't know what he was doing and was stupid enough to get ripped off for hundreds of dollars that the family Could have needed and used after his passing.

People like this seller need to be in prison for intentionally inflicting this Garbage onto God only knows How many innocent but ignorant well meaning "want to be collectors" and stealing countless thousands of dollars from them and their unfortunate families. This nonsense is a multi-million dollar illegal business and it Needs to be stopped. All around the World, these thieves churning out this drek are getting better and better at pre-aging this filth and on top of it all, alot of it now has genuine age to it. The trouble is, the unspoken but prevailing attitude is that of "The Nazi's were bad people, so anyone who wants to Collect their stuff and gets ripped off doing it deserves what they get". There are now Generations of fakers making this junk as a superbly lucrative and safe business- and all from stealing money from people in just about every civilized country on the planet....and Nobody cares...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

One of the worst fakes I have ever seen. The shell is an obvious fake with no raised dimple around the vent holes. The rolled edge of the helmet is too wide, and no museum would have displayed such an awful item. The supporting documents should be investigated. If the seller used a fake provenance document, that may be a crime.

I have the guys phone # in case anyone is interested :P

Another dead giveaway are the painted markings inside the shell. At first glance, I could tell they were done by an American - NOT a German circa WWII. Markings like this with a number, name and unit are highly unusual and always suspect. Just plain awful. NH

MAP
    ?

Quote by Cessna77 View Post
    I have the guys phone # in case anyone is interested :P
    The forum is a place of discussion and is not party to any actions with individuals.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    $405.....my God, why do these idiots keep Buying this Crap??
    The important question is, where are they when I have something to sell?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3