MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Norwegian M35

Article about: Hi people, found this big boy for an extremely cheap price and the more I look at it the more I like it. It's a NS 68 M35 batch number E 172, it has an aluminium liner band dated 1937 . Not

About the decals, there really is not too much of a standard when it comes to placing them on the side. Sometimes they are more forward and other times they are where yours are.

The decals themselves are genuine, so I would not worry too much about the color differences. I'm pretty sure these decals yellow over time due to sun damage. They can be anywhere from a cream color (the color I assume they all started as) all the way to a bright yellow (most likely from the sun). I do not believe they are manufactured yellow as sometimes these decals are still found on their original paper and are cream in color.

There are a few different types of decals (4 in total, but #3 and #4 look almost identical other than thicker lines and apparently #4 is green. I have only seen #4 in a black and white photo). The version you have is third version.

In my thread here An Incomplete Visual Guide to Norwegian Lion Decals and Discussing Possible Fakes I have listed 3 out of the 4 types of decals. However, I put them in the wrong order. I have them listed like this: 2,1,3.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Norwegian M35
    P
    Many

Collectible in their own right and in very nice condition. Never really studied these but getting more and more scarce, particularly due to their being used as a basis for faking a period German helmet. Another once saved. Congratulations!
    Andy

Nice excample!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2