Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

NS D487 - possible winter camo?

Article about: Hello Forum, I apologize for posting so many helmets, but i´m trying to learn more about camouflage helmets as i want to buy one as my next helmet, and i want to learn from your experience!

He does not know why they where removed, he got it like this from a fellow collector and then removed them himself again to check their originality, finding out that split pins and liner are all dated 1942 - so possibly original to the helmet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NS D487 - possible winter camo?
    P
    Many

The seller offered it to me for 400, and i think i´m gonna buy it. It looks to be an original camo which i like very much, and it would easily fetch more if the split pins where not messed with.

I´m still not certain, i would like your Opinions on the battle damages the helmet shows:

NS D487 - possible winter camo?NS D487 - possible winter camo?

One dent on the front, one on the back. The one on the back could definitly be a bullet hit, but i am confused by the frontal damage, especially as the paint is still intact.

If the pins were out I'd pass.

Hi Adravor, finding that the pins have been removed devalues the helmet on a large scale both historically and monetarily. We now have to question the originality of the liner to the shell as the whole helmet may have been cobbled together from parts. Your 400 euros and little more saving could buy something much better than that.

Andy

You are right, i will continue searching for a better example, and maybe spend a bit more.
    Thank you very much for the help, i appreciate it!

Regards,
    Adravor

?

Wonder if the Seller screwed up assuming the split pins were already removed?
    Don't NS M42's have a reputation for loose pins?
    Perhaps the pins had double bends and were uninstalled.
    Nice to view the thread anyway.

Quote by Kateri View Post
    Don't NS M42's have a reputation for loose pins.
    No.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2