Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Opinion Question..If your were going to purchase one of these M35's, which one?

Article about: Opinion question..If your were going to purchase, which M35? They are both similar in prices. The reason for this question is I am looking and both have strong and weak points. In your opini

I did not look thoroughly at both of them but helmet 2 has a tricolor issue , painted or fake , probably replaced liner and a revealed Heer decal. Helmet 2 needs better decal photos. As said so far both have issues... enough to skip them based on these photos.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion Question..If your were going to purchase one of these M35's, which one?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I don't like the 2nd helmet for the same reason Frank highlights. Something is up with the tri-color.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The second helmet does look like it might have issues with the decals, hard to say with those pics and a replaced steel liner - possibly war time.
    The exterior on the first lid looks a bit shiny although this could be the pics.
    Also, the liner looks damaged, there looks like a small crack by the D ring.

I'll add another vote for passing on both. If you want one example you should wait for a good example. Both helmets have odd things going on with their exteriors. Price appreciation should not be a concern. These two helmets are definitively not investment grade, they will always have problems, but helmets are not investments anyway. They are collectibles. Collectibles only out perform assets with a residual value of zero or near zero.

Here is my suggestion: Take the same money you were going to buy either of these two helmets with, buy something, anything, else. Certificate of deposit rates are yielding north of 5% now. Or a good stable stock like Altria (USA NYSE:MO) pays 8.5%. Wait until a good example comes along then dump the stock or CD.

It took me over 20 years to get my first SS, M38, Camo and my DD Army transitional. I still do not have a good M35 DD Army or Luft. Patience is key. Wait it out. Best ABN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2