Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on Luftschutz Helmet

Article about: Hey all, I'm looking for opinions on this Luftschutz helmet I bought. I liked it and decided to make it the first buy to start my collection. I've researched these helmets and had the hardes

Default Opinions on Luftschutz Helmet

Hey all,

I'm looking for opinions on this Luftschutz helmet I bought. I liked it and decided to make it the first buy to start my collection. I've researched these helmets and had the hardest time finding a common setup. It seemed that there were so many different kinds. I believe the shell is a legit 3-piece Gladiator style with the etching RL 2-39/20. The bottom exterior of the shell is painted black, but I can tell there's blue underneath so I don't think it was original. The neck protector also doesn't seem original, or at least its not attached like other helmets I've found with them. The chin strap is different and is stamped like I haven't seen. The helmet liner I've at least seen in a few different helmets, but it has the same stamp as the strap that I haven't found anywhere else.

Again, I'm just starting out so please help educate me. Links to information I can read is appreciated too. Thanks for your help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on Luftschutz Helmet   Opinions on Luftschutz Helmet  

Opinions on Luftschutz Helmet   Opinions on Luftschutz Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on Luftschutz Helmet
    P
    Many

Can you post a decal close-up ?
    You can find the maker on my page here :
    About Civic helmets – German Helmet Vault

I hope this is better.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on Luftschutz Helmet  

I like this one and don't see any obvious issues at all, but Frank and others can put your mind at rest.

Thanks for taking a look, I appreciate it.

The decal and liner is all good, but as you said the black paint on the rim sections was probably painted post war and as for the neck flap add on ive never seen that done on any other helmet. I can't see it being done during wartime but on the other hand it would add more protection so I can't say for sure. Adding it post war wouldn't make any sense to me.