Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions - M35 DD

Article about: Hello. Im considering buying this helmet, do you see any red flags in it based on all these pics? The paintjob is quite unfamiliar to me. Never seen such colour used in these. Also, in your

Default Opinions - M35 DD

Hello.

Im considering buying this helmet, do you see any red flags in it based on all these pics? The paintjob is quite unfamiliar to me. Never seen such colour used in these.

Also, in your opinion, would you pay 600€ for it? Im on the fence whether to buy it or not. And third question, any experiences about Espenlaub militaria? It's from there.

Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions - M35 DD   Opinions - M35 DD  

Opinions - M35 DD   Opinions - M35 DD  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions - M35 DD
    P
    Many

4md
    ?

I think this is original but there has been some cleaning/decal liberating going on. Possibly a Norwegian reissue.....that exterior paint looks different from the original and I think I can see traces of red dye in the liner
    I would leave this one

regards Paul

I'm torn between Paul's assessment ( which I like ) and that maybe it is just an odd paint selected for the repaint. I like the way the eagle has been painted around and (thankfully ) whoever started the digging out of the national shield stopped. Are the liner split rivets the flat German alloy ones or the Norwegian round head brass ones??? ( I can't see )

For 600E I think you can do a little better....

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Here's the description:
    ''WW2 German M 35 ex-double decal helmet, field reissue. ET 64, 2 layers of field repaint helmet with tricolor removed decal due of regulations of 1940 year. The latest color is khaki green, which is mostly seen on early re-issued helmets. Some inscriptions on the neck guards apron are underneath of the paint, and most probably name of the owner. Liner has also some inscriptions on it. Actual date of producing is 1938 year, despite the chinstrap is dated earlier. Untouched and very nice helmet with excellent preserved Heeres decal.''

Quote by Finnlander View Post
    tricolor removed decal due of regulations of 1940 year.
    Maybe once covered as per regs. ( you can still see a little spot of the red in the lower right of centre ) but NOT removed. Someone has mucked about with a scraper and thinners to reveal the left side but rubbed off much of the black in the process. Worth a decent price reduction in my opinion!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thanks guys! I'll contact them.

4md
    ?

Yeah Dan I agree the ET decal looks painted around and its in great condition, could be a pre 1940 reissue that someone dug the tricolor out of.
    I think that still kills it for me

Hi, looks honest enough to me, but I to am never keen on helmets that have "liberated" decals. If it's a good price and you are happy, go for it. Leon.