Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on this M35 Luftwaffe

Article about: Hello Forum! Yet another helmet that i found, its auction is ending in an hour, and i´m still questioning wheather i should bid or not. In my Opinion its a good - original ex DD Luftwaffe H

Default Opinions on this M35 Luftwaffe

Hello Forum!

Yet another helmet that i found, its auction is ending in an hour, and i´m still questioning wheather i should bid or not.
    In my Opinion its a good - original ex DD Luftwaffe Helmet, with both decals scratched of a long time ago.

Its produced by EF in Size 64 and has the Lotn. 3802.

The liner seems a bit shrunken and damaged, and interestingly enough the Helmet seems to have slight production errors arround the flanging which seems quite weird to me, as i have never seen a helmet damaged like this before.

Any Opinions would be as always appreciated!

Regards,
    Adravor

Opinions on this M35 LuftwaffeOpinions on this M35 LuftwaffeOpinions on this M35 LuftwaffeOpinions on this M35 LuftwaffeOpinions on this M35 LuftwaffeOpinions on this M35 LuftwaffeOpinions on this M35 LuftwaffeOpinions on this M35 LuftwaffeOpinions on this M35 LuftwaffeOpinions on this M35 LuftwaffeOpinions on this M35 LuftwaffeOpinions on this M35 LuftwaffeOpinions on this M35 LuftwaffeOpinions on this M35 LuftwaffeOpinions on this M35 Luftwaffe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on this M35 Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

Everything on the helmet matches I’d get pictures of the split pins just to be sure that liner belongs in the helmet but to me this looks like a nice Helmet.

Looks like an EF to me.

Yes, you are correct, i wrote the wrong maker, its an EF!

Got overbid last second, the helmet went for 370.

Seen that one, too.
    It looks fine to me, just keep in mind that the liner is quite damaged. Perhaps the stampings that hold in the leaf springs are broken or heavily worn.
    If you look at how low the leather is in the liner band it seems quite "sunken" into the shell.
    And obviously that the stitching both on the chin strap buckle and the rear seam of the liner leather are torn/broken.
    Luis

I have a relic condition 1939 liner band that I restored for reenacting which has one of these broken and you can push the leather in creating the same effect as on the front section of the liner in this helmet.

Just something to bare in mind is that liners did sometimes shrink and change shape a bit. There are some examples of this on Frank’s site under “M31” liners.

Looks like a former non-commissioned officer helmet that saw some hard use.

Dangit, I hate when that happens! Better luck next time.