Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Opinions sought on a Heer M35 Stalhelm, Please Advise

Article about: Been looking for some time to fill a couple of helmet gaps in my collection. Can anyone please advise that this M35 is the real deal? Thank you in advance.

TWS
    ?

Nice one! A lot of us like field repaints and factory reissues. As already said, M35 are more commonly repainted because they were around the longest and therefore worn the most. Plenty of M40's and M42's were repainted in the field too, esp. for camo purposes.

I would venture it was repainted post 1940. I am no expert, but I really don't see photographic evidence during Poland in '39 or France/Low Countries in 1940.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions sought on a Heer M35 Stalhelm, Please Advise
    P
    Many

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Very nice addition, don't be tempted to go digging for the decal.
    that will not happen!

Well gee, I was contacted by the dealer and told it was sold!

I found that helmet by an open web search and it appeared the listing was still good as there was not a sold message where the price was listed.

I thought yesterday when I did not get a reply to my commitment email hmm, what's going on as typically the dealer has gotten back to me within hours.

When I went to his main site, the to his Heer helmet section I could not find the listing. I thought either he pulled it already and would sent total cost or the listing was old and the helmet sold. The latter is the case but somehow the listing was still on the web when searching for a M35 cammo finish.

I just checked the link I saved to the helmet listing and it still appears to be an active link as there is no sold anywhere in the listing.

Life goes on as the hunt will too.

MAP
    ?

Sorry to hear.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It's ok, been many a miss before collecting these items.

I've been looking and there are more out there but not in as nice shape as the one I posted. It seems that the selection or number of helmets available is pretty good, but not as nice as the 1 I posted, the subject of this thread.

Then I see really great condition SS helmets and think about what I'd have to do to go that route. I feel like a kid in a candy store but lacking the finances for really exceptional helmets. The collector financial blues.

Actually I think the real good times are in the hunt!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2