Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Original German M34 Police Helmet?

Article about: I picked up this German M34 Police Helmet at an antique militara shop a few months ago. I'm definently NOT an expert in German helmets, but I know & trust the dealer so I went ahead and

Default Original German M34 Police Helmet?

I picked up this German M34 Police Helmet at an antique militara shop a few months ago. I'm definently NOT an expert in German helmets, but I know & trust the dealer so I went ahead and bought it. After doing some research on it I have a few concerns about the helmet. I have no idea why it's stamped "Edelstahl" inside the shell instead of the manufacturers mark, and the liner and liner pad appear to be old and worn, but I'm not sure if they're original to a German M34. Can anyone help me shed some light onto this helmet? Thanks!

Original German M34 Police Helmet?Original German M34 Police Helmet?Original German M34 Police Helmet?Original German M34 Police Helmet?

(I have no idea why the pictures are flipped, sorry!)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original German M34 Police Helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original German M34 Police Helmet?
    P
    Many

Onelooker. Edelstahl means "improved steel". This is a very nice representative example of a fairly common helmet, and 100% TR period. Jim G.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Onelooker. Edelstahl means "improved steel". This is a very nice representative example of a fairly common helmet, and 100% TR period. Jim G.
    So are you saying it's an original WW2 period German helmet, or a reproduction of one? Thanks!

Quote by chbingle View Post
    So are you saying it's an original WW2 period German helmet, or a reproduction of one? Thanks!
    A good looking original. A fire police helm judging by those little tongues in the liner.

Quote by LeonardoL View Post
    A good looking original. A fire police helm judging by those little tongues in the liner.
    Awesome, didn't fire police helmets have a cone on top of them though? Mine has no cone or any slots for one to go

Awesome, didn't fire police helmets have a cone on top of them though? Mine has no cone or any slots for one to go
    A good original M34 that has not been messed with. The "comb" was often either removed and plugged during the Third Reich (TR) period or not fitted at all. You will even find examples that have no hole drilled in the first place for one to be fitted. Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    A good original M34 that has not been messed with. The "comb" was often either removed and plugged during the Third Reich (TR) period or not fitted at all. You will even find examples that have no hole drilled in the first place for one to be fitted. Leon.
    Awesome! Does the liner and liner pad look original? It's stamped "Feuer-Luftschutz Lüning Galaenkirchen". I thought "Luftschutz" meant "Air-Defense" so I'm a little confused on that (I'm very new to collecting)

Awesome! Does the liner and liner pad look original? It's stamped "Feuer-Luftschutz Lüning Galaenkirchen". I thought "Luftschutz" meant "Air-Defense" so I'm a little confused on that (I'm very new to collecting)
    Hi, it is all totally original, a nice example from top to bottom. I will add that as you are a new collector, post up any "prospective" buys before parting with your cash. We will be only to happy to help, it's a minefield out there with a sickening number of fake helmets and refurbs, but this one is 100% original. Well done. Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, it is all totally original, a nice example from top to bottom. I will add that as you are a new collector, post up any "prospective" buys before parting with your cash. We will be only to happy to help, it's a minefield out there with a sickening number of fake helmets and refurbs, but this one is 100% original. Well done. Leon.
    I'll be sure to do that, thanks for the help!

Nice example !