Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Is this an original m40 sd?

Article about: Hey, I saw this m40 single decal helmet that was found somewhere southwest of Stalingrad with a dog tag, but is this an original helmet? He was part of an observation unit artillery regiment

Default Is this an original m40 sd?

Hey, I saw this m40 single decal helmet that was found somewhere southwest of Stalingrad with a dog tag, but is this an original helmet? He was part of an observation unit artillery regiment.
    The helmet goes for 375 euro’s, with dog tag. There also appears to be a little bit left of the snow Camo the helmet had.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this an original m40 sd?   Is this an original m40 sd?  

Is this an original m40 sd?   Is this an original m40 sd?  

Is this an original m40 sd?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this an original m40 sd?
    P
    Many

Hi,
    The helmet and decal looks authentic to me. The helmet could have been cleaned with oxalic acid. As previously other collectors/ members here have said: " buy the helmet, not the story" I think the price is way too high for a helmet in that condition, if we don't take the story behind it. But it depends on Your choices- if You think it will make You happy- go for it.

?

Too expensive. This helmet will deteriorate much more in the coming years. It is definitely not a ,high end , relic helmet

Both the helmet and erkennungsmarke are genuine, but the price is out of this world.

MAP
    ?

Agree. The price is too steep for this. But the helmet is original as already stated.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)