MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Orignial Chinstraps?

Article about: Hi Guys, please delete if this is an obvious miscarriage of justice or not allowed. Came across these for sale on a site claiming they are original and have been vindicated by the seller on

Default Orignial Chinstraps?

Hi Guys, please delete if this is an obvious miscarriage of justice or not allowed.

Came across these for sale on a site claiming they are original and have been vindicated by the seller on another forum.

Could I have your valuable opinions please. Apologies if these have been posted before.

Regards

Orignial Chinstraps?Orignial Chinstraps?Orignial Chinstraps?Orignial Chinstraps?Orignial Chinstraps?Orignial Chinstraps?Orignial Chinstraps?Orignial Chinstraps?Orignial Chinstraps?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Orignial Chinstraps?
    P
    Many

I would not buy a G Schiele strap that does not have the year stamped on it. I have seen these systematically pop up on dealer sites and do not trust them.
    Of the 2 buckles shown the top one is not a wartime one in my opinion.
    The second one may be but for me neither straps are worth spending 200 bucks on.

Things that stand out to me are the miss-punched holes on the top one, too small holes on another, miss-stamped MM the tram lines on the leather, not seen those before, the thin buckle, the pointed cut ends, only seven stitches on one on them, the aged leather doesn’t look right.

In my view if there's just one that looks suspicious then that throws the whole lot into question surely?

But hey, as the seller pointed out in my comments “I’m no expert”. That’s why I’m here.

Quote by stefanr View Post
    Things that stand out to me are the miss-punched holes on the top one, too small holes on another, miss-stamped MM the tram lines on the leather, not seen those before, the thin buckle, the pointed cut ends, only seven stitches on one on them, the aged leather doesn’t look right.

In my view if there's just one that looks suspicious then that throws the whole lot into question surely?

But hey, as the seller pointed out in my comments “I’m no expert”. That’s why I’m here.
    who sells these ?

Never heard of the site but would not advise to buy these chinstraps.

Odd site indeed.
    I wouldn't necessarily buy stuff off of them.
    As for the straps themselves I agree with frank, there's things I like about them but also things I don't really like about them.
    Luis

Quote by PotatoDigger View Post
    Odd site indeed.
    I wouldn't necessarily buy stuff off of them.
    As for the straps themselves I agree with frank, there's things I like about them but also things I don't really like about them.
    Luis
    Could I kindly ask what you don't like about them?

My only concerns, other than what I have already pointed out, is there seems to be a job lot, when i've seen any come up from my trusted dealers singularly they've sold straight away.

Quote by stefanr View Post
    Could I kindly ask what you don't like about them?

My only concerns, other than what I have already pointed out, is there seems to be a job lot, when i've seen any come up from my trusted dealers singularly they've sold straight away.
    The best steel buckle straps to buy have wear signs , are grey overpainted and have good maker marks. The top buckle is not a wartime one and as you stated the holes are too big.
    The other buckle is a war time one but may have been a cleaned up one with new leather.