Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

A peculiar M18 commercial style DD heer

Article about: This is a peculiar one as I have not seen another one so far (Donald L can probably pull out a few similar ones when he sees this topic) that has the M18 vents. I do have an M18 droopbill bu

Default A peculiar M18 commercial style DD heer

This is a peculiar one as I have not seen another one so far (Donald L can probably pull out a few similar ones when he sees this topic) that has the M18 vents. I do have an M18 droopbill luftschutz but it's different.
    I remember it was for sale on a local dealer site and Karel Van Bostraeten (RIP) bought it from under me :-)
    Every time I visited Karel I was bugging him to sell it and eventually he did.

The helmet's collector definition is medium duty M34 , not to be mistaken by the aluminium parade helmets which are similar in look. This one actually weighs 1,125 Kg. Almost as heavy as a combat helmet and here the liner is a light one. It's a small size , a 60 , the shell can fit a 62 head as well as the cork spacers can be adjusted.
    The medium duty shells are made from Edelstahl (some shells have the Edelstahl stamp but a lot do not have it).

The decals are the ET ones (also observed on other medium duty M34 Police shells). Funny enough medium duty M34 SS shells have Pocher decals.
    Note that the decal close-up is sharp but the eagle has a funny print error.

I'm a big fan of these Edelstahl medium duty shells.

I would say these helmets were typically worn by the auxialliary troops like the Technische nothilfe. TENO. Very few pictures exist where they wear decalled helmets.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A peculiar M18 commercial style DD heer   A peculiar M18 commercial style DD heer  

A peculiar M18 commercial style DD heer   A peculiar M18 commercial style DD heer  

A peculiar M18 commercial style DD heer  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A peculiar M18 commercial style DD heer
    P
    Many

that's a super looking Helmet Frank,those decals are beautiful to the eye,and the paint colour and condition is top notch.superb.

MAP
    ?

Agree with Jake. That is a corker of a helmet Frank.

Commercial helmets were never my thing, but I would happily have this on my shelf.

Thanks for sharing this with us.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

A very interesting helmet Frank! Very Nice condition and configuration. Close examination of that decal is dizzying.

Karel's collection was spectacular!

Love this one!

Thanks guys :-)