Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The perfect use of a Heer belt.

Article about: Somone on another forum was using football Ts to display helmet liners and I thought it was brilliant. After looking online for a good T I was sitting looking at a couple of belts I have tha

Quote by Carfin LEWYS View Post
    Hello gentlemen,

... the showcase is the best of its kind and the arrangement of the helmet presented upside down on a rolled up belt is of the most beautiful effect. Bravo.
    The belt straps contain tanning salts, which could attack (damage) the metal of the helmet, right?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The perfect use of a Heer belt.
    P
    Many

Quote by Reibert View Post
    The belt straps contain tanning salts, which could attack (damage) the metal of the helmet, right?
    The helmet is actually sitting on a white glove between the belt and the helmet. You can't see it in the photo but I use gloves to handle my helmets all the time. I buy them by the gross. However the glove is there because of the metal buckle, I believe the chin straps are probably treated the same way the belt is.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The perfect use of a Heer belt.   The perfect use of a Heer belt.  

TWS
    ?

I approve.

The perfect use of a Heer belt.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Quote by TWS View Post
    I approve.
    I started using them with handguns years ago, I found they work well with many things.

Even from a low angle it's easy to read since the top shelf is just over 6 feet high.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The perfect use of a Heer belt.  

Quote by Logictox View Post
    Even from a low angle it's easy to read since the top shelf is just over 6 feet high.
    I knew there were more helmets lower down :-)
    Lovely collection !

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    I knew there were more helmets lower down :-)
    Lovely collection !
    Thanks Frank. I really lke the cabinet but it only holds 24 helmets with 8 shelves. I have the overflow in closets and some bins I have in the man cave. Most of the overflow is my NDs I've been picking up. I try to keep all my militaria in the one room of the house.

Quote by Logictox View Post
    Thanks Frank. I really lke the cabinet but it only holds 24 helmets with 8 shelves. I have the overflow in closets and some bins I have in the man cave. Most of the overflow is my NDs I've been picking up. I try to keep all my militaria in the one room of the house.
    Nice word overflow :-) I am also out of space since before Covid , my overflow helmets lie on the ground in my warroom ,liners up.
    But I finally found new book cases so I hope to display them all in a few weeks on the shelves and a have clean open room again :-)

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    Nice word overflow :-) I am also out of space since before Covid , my overflow helmets lie on the ground in my warroom ,liners up.
    But I finally found new book cases so I hope to display them all in a few weeks on the shelves and a have clean open room again :-)
    Liners up is a great way to store them. I've seen some of your helmets and they are killer. I can only imagine what you have in your collection.

?

Hi,

That's almost a thread in itself.
    Clean up your war room/man cave.
    So often new items pile up or fill up draws and boxes.
    Safely added to the mental collection, just tucked away unseen.
    However the horde continues to grow.
    Remember when there were just a few last items you just needed to have and you would be happy?
    Then you would learn more, or see something new?
    A new interest is born and it's hungry!

Cheers,

Danger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2