Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Possible Cameo M42 Shell

Article about: Hello Forum. This shell is currently for sale, i think it might stand a chance of being a cameo, although the pictures are so far not really enought to definitly determine authencity. I alre

Default Possible Cameo M42 Shell

Hello Forum.

This shell is currently for sale, i think it might stand a chance of being a cameo, although the pictures are so far not really enought to definitly determine authencity.
    I already asked the seller for better - outside daylight pictures, but i´m gonna post the pictures i already have anyways, maybe i already missed something.

The shell itself looks to be in a fairly good state, while the paint seems very damaged, on big parts of the helmet there iseems to be just bare metal.
    The colors are hard to make out on the pictures, looks like a dark blue maybe Luftwaffe layer, and over that a green/slight brown layer.
    The pattern and color of the second layer have some resemblance to normandy cameos in my opinion.

As always thank you for any Opinions and help!

Regards,
    Adravor

Possible Cameo M42 ShellPossible Cameo M42 ShellPossible Cameo M42 ShellPossible Cameo M42 ShellPossible Cameo M42 ShellPossible Cameo M42 Shell

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Possible Cameo M42 Shell
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

A shell that, while not a relic is in poor shape. Can't tell much from the photos though.

Question is...what do would you do with it?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Let it sit untouched on my shelf, i like barnfinds and rough conditioned helmets as long as they still have a bit of paint and no holes or deep pitting. I think it would make a nice placeholder until i can eventually afford a nice Normandie Cameo, atleast if the price is right.

I’ll reserve judgment until the seller sends the better photos however there are a few things that I like about it. Hopefully the photos include a shot of the interior.

Andy

He sent additional pictures - well one although i asked for more, he seems he is one of the rather unexperienced Sellers, as he also cant find the Size and maker stamps.

Possible Cameo M42 Shell

Interestingly enough there are remains of a quiet scrubbed looking luftwaffe eagle. The color of the paint looks orignal to me, and i think it may be an original, but probably scrubbed piece. I am thinking about buying it as the price is - for what it is - reasonable, even if it was not Original, i would have an Original not really pitted shell, for which i would not have overpaid much.

It's not much for display, but it's PERFECT for a restoration!

That should make a great placeholder, decent amount of the camouflage paint left too.

CSW
    ?

Quote by RustyRelics View Post
    It's not much for display, but it's PERFECT for a restoration!
    I'll have to disagree here. I know you personally seem to like the idea of nice, clean repainted shells - and there's nothing wrong with that, to each their own - but if a helmet has an original decal and some paintwork clearly visible, just please leave it alone... future collectors will thank you

Just my two cents.

I’d have to agree with you there Nordlicht this is a nice shell as is nothing needs doing to it. A great channel on YouTube that does proper restorations is called “WWll Tube Restoration” he’s done some great restoration work on helmets and other items.

Quote by Nordlicht44 View Post
    I'll have to disagree here. I know you personally seem to like the idea of nice, clean repainted shells - and there's nothing wrong with that, to each their own - but if a helmet has an original decal and some paintwork clearly visible, just please leave it alone... future collectors will thank you

Just my two cents.
    I would never do anything to a shell that has original paint or decals. When I say restoration, I mean take off the postwar paint, to expose the good paint underneath.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast