Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Possible Norwegian M42

Article about: Hello! So this helmet is currently on ebay and I have a few questions. Firstly, the outside of the helmet has been completely repainted possibly by a reenactor, but the inside paint seems ol

Default Norge Helmets Update

I'm glad I got mine when I did. Thought I'd post a few updated pics with the now red dyed correct liner on the M40 (you can see the dye even on the chipstrap and buckles) which is on the left (shown in the prior post). The M35 (ET66) on the right was brush painted even "greener" (only exterior tho) and interestingly enough, does not have the liner dyed red so my guess is that because of the repaint and liner it had been quickly re-reconditioned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Possible Norwegian M42   Possible Norwegian M42  

Possible Norwegian M42   Possible Norwegian M42  

Possible Norwegian M42   Possible Norwegian M42  

Possible Norwegian M42  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Possible Norwegian M42
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by ironratt View Post
    I'm glad I got mine when I did. Thought I'd post a few updated pics with the now red dyed correct liner on the M40 (you can see the dye even on the chipstrap and buckles) which is on the left (shown in the prior post). The M35 (ET66) on the right was brush painted even "greener" (only exterior tho) and interestingly enough, does not have the liner dyed red so my guess is that because of the repaint and liner it had been quickly re-reconditioned.
    Nice. Would assume the round tacks/rivets on the leather by the liner band are brass?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Nice. Would assume the round tacks/rivets on the leather by the liner band are brass?
    I would expect that as a characteristic of the Norwegian refurb along with often re-sized large liner leathers cut down to fit smaller liners.

I really wish I had left one of mine alone at least

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

picked one up myself a bit ago really like it the liner is a very cheap replacement liner the norwegians put in them probably for a just in case situation.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Possible Norwegian M42   Possible Norwegian M42  

Quote by Cort169 View Post
    picked one up myself a bit ago really like it the liner is a very cheap replacement liner the norwegians put in them probably for a just in case situation.
    Well, that is not the post war Norwegian refurb liner I am used to seeing which were original German liners treated/ modified by the Norwegians.
    There may be other evidence out there to the contrary but to me this liner and strap looks like a cheap modern copy I'm afraid.

The shell is good though.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2