Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Post war m35 reissued helmet

Article about: Picked up a m35 post war reissued helmet. Has a very thick green/grey paint on it and hides the lot number and makers mark. The paint on the inside dome appears to be original. Really like t

Here is some more pictures sorry about the quality of the pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post war m35 reissued helmet   Post war m35 reissued helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post war m35 reissued helmet
    P
    Many

Quote by Anderson View Post
    It could well be a Bundeswehr helmet. The BW used Third Reich produced helmets in the immediate post war period before adopting the American M1 helmet. It is said a stockpile of helmets the Allies had captured, Heer, Luft and SS, were handed over to the Bundeswehr who repainted them and then reissued them.

Attachment 1260957
    I think you'll find that the BW never used ex WH helmets, although the Bundesgrenzschutz (Federal Border Guard) did. Indeed the photo depicts Bgs, not BW.
    The ex WH helmets in the BGS were quickly superseded by the M35 /53 helmet, with a different liner, and without the three securing cotter pins.

I showed the helmet to a buddy of mine and he did confirm it’s a early BGS helmet but he thinks the paint underneath was a black paint with double decals not the normal green grey of m35 helmets. I am guessing it was a police helmet then don’t know what m35 helmets were painted black

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2