Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Q60, M40 SD Luftwaffe helmet original?

Article about: hi guys, i am pretty new in the world of steel helmets and was just looking for some opinions before i pull the trigger on this (albeit salty) Luftwaffe single decal helmet, it is being sold

I saw this one and really liked it...until I saw the interior. Such a shame as it a nice little helmet but as already said, the missing leather does hurt it a bit and will be a liability if you decide to sell it.

Still it’s got some good attributes and has a nice untouched look but there will always be others.

Andy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Q60, M40 SD Luftwaffe helmet original?
    P
    Many

The price is a bit high with the damaged liner but not horrendous - you will pay a bit more for the smallest size 60, but not too much.
    It is really up to you if you can live with the liner issue.
    If it is your first helmet, i would try to find something better.

nick

Quote by PaddyD00 View Post
    The streets used to be paved w LW M40s. That is not the case in t2021. And if there are some. They are commanding a fat price.I Echo the above. Wait for a better example
    Z
    +1 on all points.

Seems all that minty Q LW M40s vanished into collections. A couple of years back, people (like myself, lol) could even chose the most pleasing tone among those 100% Q decals (I went for a slightly aged "ivory" one over a brand new white decal). Whatever, time passes by.
    This very one is a quite nice helmet, with character : a thing mint ones lack. But unfortunateny, the condition of the liner would be the kiss of death for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2