Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Q64 DN524 Marked German Helmet?

Article about: Hi, i found this German looking helmet near my area that is for sale. Im not sure 100% if its not a Finnish m55 from which the pins are chanced and i wanted to make sure and ask some more ex

Default Q64 DN524 Marked German Helmet?

Hi, i found this German looking helmet near my area that is for sale. Im not sure 100% if its not a Finnish m55 from which the pins are chanced and i wanted to make sure and ask some more exprienced collectors. The seller is asking 55 euros. Inside the helmet on the back it says "Q64" (helmet size?) and "DN524". Thank you for any advice!

Axel.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Q64 DN524 Marked German Helmet?
    P
    Many

The shell is certainly original,I had one with the same lot number and I still own DN522.
    The paint might be original, too.
    It's hard to tell from these photos, could also be post war.
    Daylight photos would be nice but it may be worth the shot as it is for 55.
    Shells in very nice shape (without paint)usually go for 100€, though this one looks a little rusty in places.

Here's my Quists

Q64 M40 ND DN522 attic find (ex-whitewash?)
    M40 q64 dn524

Luis

This looks like a small size shell, a 62, if my eyes are correct. The smaller size could account for the squat (small and squashed) appearance.

Some photos taken outside in natural sunlight (not too bright) would be helpful especially of the stamps in the rear. Looks like an original Quist to me and might even have a rough overpaint on the outside.

Edit: sorry, just saw the title of the post - you’ve already said it a Q!

Andy

A legit late Q shell made in 1943

Please correct me if im wrong and i probably are, but the helmets edges are curved inside and a 1943 helmets edges would be "sharp" rounded towards the outside of the helmet and not the inside of the helmet, right? Thank you for replying!

Axel.

M38
    ?

The Quist company (Q) made mostly rolled edge helmets until the end of the war. The only company to do so. They made very few flared rim helmets.

Cheers,
    Terry

Hi Axel,

To answer your question, from 1942 in an effort to remove s step in the manufacturing process and speed up delivery time, the rolled edge was removed resulting in the classic M42 shaped helmet. Prior to that the M35 and M40 had the rolled edge. There were other differences as well such as the vents. You can see an example of these differences on Schwerpunkt’s site here: Combat models and makers – German Helmet Vault

Andy

Hi, Andy. Thank you for reponding to my post. I finally recived the helmet. Here are some better pictures of the paint. Im hoping you could prehaps tell me if its original paint. It turned out to be in terrible condition inside, but the seller was using the money to help pay for a surgery which is why i didnt want to start arguing about it. (The pics arent still great, but hopefully if you open them they are clear enough)

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Q64 DN524 Marked German Helmet?  

Default Original paint?

Hi. Thank you for reponding to my post. I finally recived the helmet. Here are some better pictures of the paint. Im hoping you could prehaps tell me if its original paint. It turned out to be in terrible condition inside, but the seller was using the money to help pay for a surgery which is why i didnt want to start arguing about it. (The pics arent still great, but hopefully if you open them they are clear enough)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast