Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Q64 m40 ?

Article about: Happy new year folks,2022 got off to good start for me I picked this up on the 1st thinking it was a Finnish M40/55 but now I have done a bit of research I think it might be a West German bo

Default Q64 m40 ?

Happy new year folks,2022 got off to good start for me I picked this up on the 1st thinking it was a Finnish M40/55 but now I have done a bit of research I think it might be a West German border guard or state police helmet.
    It is a Q M40 with no batch number . Can anyone confirm my suspicions. Many thanks in advance B.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Q64 m40 ?   Q64 m40 ?  

Q64 m40 ?   Q64 m40 ?  

Q64 m40 ?   Q64 m40 ?  

Q64 m40 ?   Q64 m40 ?  

Q64 m40 ?   Q64 m40 ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Q64 m40 ?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Looks like a post war produced M53 German helmet. And not Finnish.

Will look closer once I'm back ony PC.

Edit: Just looked on my PC. Looks like an M53. I dont' study them and there are definitely variations to the liner system. Interesting though is the black paint under the exterior green. Hopefully the gents that know more about these will be by to comment on that.
    Last edited by MAP; 01-02-2022 at 06:30 AM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I agree with Michael, Quist produced these post war for police/border guards, the difference between these and the wartime shells I believe are the front brim is just a tad shorter, no batch numbers and the air vents are a little bit different.