Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Question of books for reference.

Article about: Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this thread, not sure where it should go. I have been adding to my collection of books after going through the reference library for what others use/

Quote by MAP View Post
    Composite has authored a mighty fine book (so I'm told ) on British Home Front helmets. It's in the reference library.

Jan's book is the newest out there and very good as I've said before and it has the support of other well known Helmet authors as well.

The three books (beyond Terry's classic - Terry is a member here as well) I do not know so I can not comment on them.
    Though I haven't had a chance yet to get a hold of Jan's book, I have heard nothing but good things about it. It sounds like a must have for anyone collecting.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question of books for reference.
    P
    Many

I’ve been looking at getting some on German awards from bd publishing,, so expensive but I take it they are worth every penny

Quote by Jojomadness View Post
    I’ve been looking at getting some on German awards from bd publishing,, so expensive but I take it they are worth every penny
    Hello Jo,
    We do have a large reference library. You should be able to find what you are looking for here.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/forum-reference-library/
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I’m in danger of becoming a book-bore......but self-publishing can cost thousands....tens of thousands even.......and print runs are often short.......either way, books are usually well worth the cost

The best and safest route in publishing is via a publisher, but it's much more difficult to get someone willing to take on your book... I guess that I was just lucky. I have the greatest admiration for authors that take the risky route of self publishing.

Cheers,
    Steve

Jo,

If interested in books on German awards you may want to see if there are any at your local library that you can look through first (depending of course if they have them on the shelves) and then if you are interested you can purchase.

Ralph sent you a link to the reference library that myself and another member (MAP) started last year as a source for new members as well as seasoned collectors in order to see what was out there..

There are thousands of references, each with their own merits and in some cases demerits but over time that is how one learns and eventually gathers a decent reference library.

When you are ready to invest, have us take a look and see if it may be worth the money and we'll make sure you don't throw hard earned cash away..

I have several thousand reference books as I expanded my collecting interests over the years and I wanted to make sure I had the best references for what I was collecting and as my interests change I find more books to add..

Smitty

Thanks guys I’ll check them out, and yes I’ve been to the local library but didn’t have much luck, I’m going to try and build up maybe buy one or two every so often it’s always nice to have a book to turn to for reference, and you can see why they cost the money they do the high quality photos,and just the time that goes into them is incredible I have been lucky to be able to get a few in pdf version but it’s just not the same as having the book still helps tho thanks everyone

Quote by Jojomadness View Post
    Thanks guys I’ll check them out, and yes I’ve been to the local library but didn’t have much luck, I’m going to try and build up maybe buy one or two every so often it’s always nice to have a book to turn to for reference, and you can see why they cost the money they do the high quality photos,and just the time that goes into them is incredible I have been lucky to be able to get a few in pdf version but it’s just not the same as having the book still helps tho thanks everyone
    There is always this whole forum, which is a great tool, with many threads with originals, and many threads with fakes.
    We always try to help collectors make sure they do not lose money on fakes.
    If you are interested in purchasing something, I always recommend that you post photos of it here so that we can help.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks I sure will post up anything I may be tempted to buy it’s amazing how much fake stuff there is around some is almost as old as the genuine stuff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2