Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this real M42 stahlhelm?

Article about: I found this helmet for the sale in my country, title of advertisment is just german helmet, did not seen it in person, just these pictures that I will upload in this tread. Pictures are not

Default Is this real M42 stahlhelm?

I found this helmet for the sale in my country, title of advertisment is just german helmet, did not seen it in person, just these pictures that I will upload in this tread. Pictures are not I great quality but for now it is only thing I got.

I really do not have much knowledge about german helmets, but I think it is M42 by the looking at air vents and unrolled edge. But my biggest concern is the liner, I have never seen this kind of chinstrap in the german ww2 helmets. My next concern is paint, it looks to me as it is been repainted?

Also I send the seller quote about heat stamps or any other markings on the helmet, but still did not get an answer.

I would appreciate any help and opinions from users with greater knowledge than mine. Thanks!

Is this real M42 stahlhelm?Is this real M42 stahlhelm?Is this real M42 stahlhelm?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this real M42 stahlhelm?
    P
    Many

Better pics are necessary to give a correct evaluation. yes it's a german M42 shell with a german liner (not the strap) refurbished by a foreigner army or postwar painted

We need to see the markings inside the skirt including manufacturer (example SE 64) and the lot number in the rear. Better photos of the liner would help too. It stands a chance. NH

Agree with the Members above, definitly repainted shell, but the liner could be an original.

I ve seen very good made M42 reproductions but on this helmet I think it is a refurbished relic
    Better pics were needed to be safe
    BR
    Bavarian

The pictures are terrible. All I can tell is the chinstrap is not original.
    Unless better pictures are provided, walk away.
    Nick

Shame it was repainted as the liner looks ok and appears to be named just near the chinstrap (right side when looking at photo). Looks like whoever did this forgot to paint inside the dome. It might make a nice resto but it would need to be very cheap otherwise its just another ruined original helmet unfortunately.

Andy

Many thanks for the help!
    I will try to get better pictures, especially those where the markings can be seen. If they can be seen now beacuse of the sloppy repaint.