MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

A really historycal helmet

Article about: Hello I bought a week ago this wonderful M42 SD Lufty attic found from the rhine/ruhr area on the Ebay Kleinanzeigen All it seem to be used hard The rivets were 1942 dated and unopened The e

Default A really historycal helmet

Hello
    I bought a week ago this wonderful M42 SD Lufty attic found from the rhine/ruhr area on the Ebay Kleinanzeigen
    All it seem to be used hard
    The rivets were 1942 dated and unopened
    The eagle seem very used and there were parts of winterwhitewash visible
    The leather is a shortened 64 one made too 1942
    The wearers name is Obergefreiter Richter
    It was made by ET size 60 or 62
    The strap have been cutted
    I think it was cut from a dead german soldier by a allied soldier
    The seller mean that it is like it was found after the War
    What do you say to this beauty
    If soneone know more information about the soldier who have weared this helmet please write it under the post
    BR
    Bavarian
    LG
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A really historycal helmet   A really historycal helmet  

A really historycal helmet   A really historycal helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A really historycal helmet
    P
    Many

Possible signs of blood rot on the liner, the strap could have been cut by anyone given the grisly task of recovering and burying bodies, not necessarily an Allied soldier. I'm not sure about the inscription though, it looks like a later addition. Sadly even if it is original there are over 2300 casualties named Richter who dies in 1945, the entire VDK database goes to over 10,000 so no chance of making a good ID either.

Thanks
    A little bit sorry to not find out who he was
    Ive seen pictures of US soldiers cut helmets as trophys from dead german soldiers
    The wearers name is original 100%
    The helmet must been used in the ardennesfront before he fought in the Rhine/ruhr area in case of the wintercamo
    I had another question
    Exists green LW eagles?
    My eagle seem green

I am open for all ideas

BR
    Bavarian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A really historycal helmet  
    Last edited by Bavarian; 01-11-2020 at 10:02 AM.

I found an intresting stamp on the chinstrap
    L.B.A(S) 42
    It think it would mean Luftwaffenbekleidungsamt Sonnenberg
    I have no idea?
    BR
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A really historycal helmet   A really historycal helmet  

?

Quote by Bavarian View Post
    Thanks
    A little bit sorry to not find out who he was
    Ive seen pictures of US soldiers cut helmets as trophys from dead german soldiers
    The wearers name is original 100%
    The helmet must been used in the ardennesfront before he fought in the Rhine/ruhr area in case of the wintercamo
    I had another question
    Exists green LW eagles?
    My eagle seem green

I am open for all ideas

BR
    Bavarian

i found this here

http://www.german-ww2-helmet.com/432794266

Dirk
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A really historycal helmet  

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Possible signs of blood rot on the liner, the strap could have been cut by anyone given the grisly task of recovering and burying bodies, not necessarily an Allied soldier. I'm not sure about the inscription though, it looks like a later addition. Sadly even if it is original there are over 2300 casualties named Richter who dies in 1945, the entire VDK database goes to over 10,000 so no chance of making a good ID either.
    Blood rot on a liner is an urban myth. I've asked this question quite often and never had a reply... Show me the scientific evidence that proves that blood rots leather. Nice salty helmet by the way!

If it was a trophy helmet of an allied soldier it probably wouldn't be in an attic in the Ruhr. No doubt it was there a long time in less than ideal storage conditions. But the named liner raises it from the mundane relic pile and makes it an interesting example and an intriquing question of a past owner.