Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

RLB Helmet

Article about: Hi All, Saw this in a shop today and I know how uncommon RLB type helmets are so I thought I'd post it here before deciding to negotiate a price. There's no markings on the shell from what I

Default RLB Helmet

Hi All,

Saw this in a shop today and I know how uncommon RLB type helmets are so I thought I'd post it here before deciding to negotiate a price.
    There's no markings on the shell from what I can see, it may be obscured by the green overpaint.

Although from what I can see the layout of the liner rivets and liner look to be Finnish, although for what the seller asking is it'd still be a fair deal on a Finnish used M18 if the decal could be removed if unoriginal.

Thanks in advance,
    Matt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RLB Helmet   RLB Helmet  

RLB Helmet   RLB Helmet  

RLB Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RLB Helmet
    P
    Many

Having a quick double check from the pictures it does appear more likely to be a Finnish used helmet with a fake RLB decal.

This one is still rather interesting, based on the Paint sceme and the Liner - this should be a WW2 configuration Finnish Reissue right? Does not look like the post war examples i´ve seen.

Default RLB helm

From the supplied images it looks like a good RLB decal. It is a variation, and is typically found on "duckbilled" versions of the RLB helmets. Here's one from my collection as a comparator, please note the inconsistent rays on the right hand side of the decal . - D.

RLB Helmet

Thanks for the replies.

I will attempt to get some better photos when I'm next off work.

Matt