Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Salty Heer M35 DD Stalhelm.

Article about: I don't venture to this section very much, mainly because my helmet collection is very small, in fact just the two. Here is my latest acquisition, a well worn and salty Heer DD lid. As far a

?

Default Salty Heer M35 DD Stalhelm.

I don't venture to this section very much, mainly because my helmet collection is very small, in fact just the two.

Here is my latest acquisition, a well worn and salty Heer DD lid.

As far as I can tell everything is as it should be, the original apple green factory paint has been overpainted in the field to cover the tricolour shield although it can be seen beneath the second coat.

The lot number is SE62 and the liner is dated 1937. Above the date I can make out the letters BER or BEP. I can't see any size stamps but it is tiny, maybe a 54. I'm a size 56/57 and it sits on top of my head.

The eagle decal is present although rubbed and blurred through wear and the details are unclear.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Salty Heer M35 DD Stalhelm.   Salty Heer M35 DD Stalhelm.  

Salty Heer M35 DD Stalhelm.   Salty Heer M35 DD Stalhelm.  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Salty Heer M35 DD Stalhelm.
    P
    Many

A nice salty helmet. It's probably spent much of it's life stashed away in a shed, forgotten about, and neglected - as many were.

Cheers,
    Steve

Hi Adrian, nice helmet, the lot number is on the underside skirt at the rear of the helmet, should be 4 digits, which I would probably guess is in the 3000 range, which I recall 1937 sits in, also it looks to be an M35 that's been over painted, as per the 1940 order, covering the national decal, just a couple of observations!
    Paul

?

OK, I can make out two digits in the rear of the skirt now I'm looking hard, a 3 and either a 6 or an 8. If there are any more they are lost beneath paint and the affects of time.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

MAP
    ?

Salty but still all there except for the strap! Nice lid!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)