Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A salty old war bird. SD M42 ckl66

Article about: This salty and well used Luftwaffe helmet is one that I’ve had for a couple of years and came very cheaply as part of a deal. With lot number 2737, the insides are not the best but when it

Default A salty old war bird. SD M42 ckl66

This salty and well used Luftwaffe helmet is one that I’ve had for a couple of years and came very cheaply as part of a deal. With lot number 2737, the insides are not the best but when it was offered for virtually nothing, I couldn’t let it pass. The paint rates at around 90% and the decal is quite nice and complete. There appear to be two small letters written in the liner in black ink and a faint dome stamp can be seen in the dome. I think poor storage in a very dry place are perhaps what the liner succumbed too unfortunately, however it still displays well.

Fittingly, I’ve displayed it with an equally salty medal bar which includes an Iron Cross 2nd class, Luftwaffe 4 years service medal and a Czech annexation medal also known as a Sudetenland medal and awarded for participation in the occupations of Sudetenland in October 1938 and Czechoslovakia in March 1939.

Andy
    A salty old war bird. SD M42 ckl66A salty old war bird. SD M42 ckl66A salty old war bird. SD M42 ckl66A salty old war bird. SD M42 ckl66A salty old war bird. SD M42 ckl66A salty old war bird. SD M42 ckl66A salty old war bird. SD M42 ckl66A salty old war bird. SD M42 ckl66A salty old war bird. SD M42 ckl66

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A salty old war bird. SD M42 ckl66
    P
    Many

Nice Andy - "virtually nothing" is the best price you can pay in this game!
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Better than salty , nice one.

?

it has rely been there!!

Might have been cheap Andy but I would be proud to own this example. You did very well I think.

I already said this on another forum so I dont know why I have to again (aggravated voice) BUT a very nice Lufty M42. Looks tiny here but a 66 aint no tiny. Great decal and as mentioned looks like Stuart Little got to the insides. CKL lesser seen of these which makes its cool as well. I love reposts! Taking new photos only time we get to "Play" w these guys IMO. And some like this one deserve more than 1 measley thread!
    Z

Quote by PaddyD00 View Post
    I already said this on another forum so I dont know why I have to again (aggravated voice) BUT a very nice Lufty M42. Looks tiny here but a 66 aint no tiny. Great decal and as mentioned looks like Stuart Little got to the insides. CKL lesser seen of these which makes its cool as well. I love reposts! Taking new photos only time we get to "Play" w these guys IMO. And some like this one deserve more than 1 measley thread!
    Z

HI Paddy I see nothing wrong in Andys post and he is not asking for opinions but a matter of just showing it off to other collectors who may enjoy this type of helmet. I have posted items also on many other forums in a matter of Sharing. This thread is a first for me and for many others. I have repeated myself also as yourself when commenting on the same artifacts as they have been posted ..and yes i was repeating myself also..but giving praise the same with no aggravation.
    Its all good relax a little.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    HI Paddy I see nothing wrong in Andys post and he is not asking for opinions but a matter of just showing it off to other collectors who may enjoy this type of helmet. I have posted items also on many other forums in a matter of Sharing. This thread is a first for me and for many others. I have repeated myself also as yourself when commenting on the same artifacts as they have been posted ..and yes i was repeating myself also..but giving praise the same with no aggravation.
    Its all good relax a little.

Regards Larry
    Haha. He's a good friend Larry. Just busting his chops I never get aggravated looking at real German Helmets especially Andys. But I like your post friend and good to hear from you.
    Z

Things get lost in Translation sometimes dont I know it!

LOL..Very Good ..I like breaking stones too. Thanks for the clarification heads up
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you for looking and for the comments everyone. I guess in retrospect I was being a hard on the helmet when I used the word salty. Perhaps poorly stored might be more apt. At the end of the days it’s still a magnificent reminder of history as all militaria is.

Andy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast