Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Single decal M40 Heer Stahlhelm

Article about: Hello all, I have been looking for one for a while but haven’t been successful. I came across this M40 a few days ago. Based on my non-existent experience, this doesn’t ring right becaus

Default Single decal M40 Heer Stahlhelm

Hello all,

I have been looking for one for a while but haven’t been successful. I came across this M40 a few days ago. Based on my non-existent experience, this doesn’t ring right because the decal is a little too high up and there is a white shadow on the bottom of the decal. Also the distance from left edge to wing compared to the right side is not the same. For reference, this is listed for €800.

I’d very much appreciate any feedback you can provide as to the authenticity of this.

Thank you very much in advanceSingle decal M40 Heer StahlhelmSingle decal M40 Heer StahlhelmSingle decal M40 Heer StahlhelmSingle decal M40 Heer StahlhelmSingle decal M40 Heer StahlhelmSingle decal M40 Heer StahlhelmSingle decal M40 Heer StahlhelmSingle decal M40 Heer StahlhelmSingle decal M40 Heer StahlhelmSingle decal M40 Heer Stahlhelm

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Single decal M40 Heer Stahlhelm
    P
    Many

It is a reissue decal , Ed Strache. It is less common to see M40’s reissued. The position of the decal is not important. I think it is a wartime application , you just need to make sure the liner is not a replacement.

@Schwerpunkt Thank you. Could you please let me know how I can make sure that the liner is not a replacement?

Thank you

MAP
    ?

Look at the split pins of the helmet rivets on the inside of the helmet. Are they rebent? Are they missing washers.

That will be an indication if the liner is replaced

Example of bent split pins

*help needed asap*German helmet
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I finally got the helmet yesterday. I’ve attached photos. The pins seem to be original installs or hasn’t been messed with. The leather is pretty old.

Paint inside the helmet has a smooth finish while the outside was a little rough. Paint is uniformly applied both inside and outside. Didn’t see anything that raised my suspicions.

The thing that surprised me most is that the Heer decal is just a little shiny/reflective (picture 5). When I used the black light, nothing stood out. After reading about decals a bit I found out first decals were wet applied and later on they were dry applied. How do you recognize one from the other?

Is £800 shipped from U.K. to US a good price?

I’d love to know your thoughts. Thanks all!!

Single decal M40 Heer StahlhelmSingle decal M40 Heer StahlhelmSingle decal M40 Heer StahlhelmSingle decal M40 Heer StahlhelmSingle decal M40 Heer StahlhelmSingle decal M40 Heer Stahlhelm

MAP
    ?

All looks good to me.

As far as price, if you enjoy the helmet then I wouldn't worry.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

@MAP, @Schwerpunkt. Thank you very much!!! I appreciate your help very much!!