Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Stabswache Röhm helmet

Article about: Hello guys. Two days ago i visited one of the local scrapyards and saw this helmet lying around. As this is not my collection field, I didn't recognise it for what it is. I just saw the remn

Here ae a few pictures of real examples for comparison. The top 2 helmets are in Al B.'s collection. The top one is on an RZM shell! The bottom helmet is mine. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stabswache Röhm helmet   Stabswache Röhm helmet  

Stabswache Röhm helmet   Stabswache Röhm helmet  

Stabswache Röhm helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stabswache Röhm helmet
    P
    Many

Check Baer's books and the Ken N/Anders L book if you have any question about the existence of these helmets. Jim G.

?

Thanks for the replies, guys! Glad to hear it's an original helmet. @helmet2id: Yours has about the same amount of decal left as mine. I wonder if these helmets were still used after removing at least the right decal?

The ones with both decals present look great! The eagle decal seems to have at least two variations? The remnants of the eagle on my helmet look like the type on the second helmet.

Will try to get the Ken N / Anders L book, but it looks like it is out of print.

Regards,
    Jerek

Fricking Amazing ....and a scrapyard of all places.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The bird was associated with Rohm and I suspect that SA personnel who survived the Night of the Long Knives weren't to keen on wearing a helmet with the decal on it after that night as it probably did not bode well for one's longevity. Nearly every example of which I am aware has had the bird scaped off (I know of about 10 of these). Al B. some how found TWO examples with the bird intact, and as only Al can do it, found helmets with each of the 2 known variants of that decal! You did well with your acquisition! If you ever decide to let it go, well, please let me know! Jim G.

Thanks for posting the photos Jim. Frank post the link to the photos on topic page 1.
    By the way, the first helmet from Al B is not a RZM helmet! It is this model:

Stabswache Röhm helmet

Thanks for posting the photos Jim. Frank post the link to the photos on topic page 1.
    By the way, the first helmet from Al B is not a RZM helmet! It is this model:

Actually it is an RZM but when it was repainted and decaled with the SA decals it was also refitted with a new civil liner and the new chin strap was attached with the rivets over the ears. I have held the helmet in hand. (Al and I live about 5 miles apart and I see him often.) I will try to get pictures of the entire helmet next time I see him (with covid we don't get together much anymore). Look at the placement of the liner rivet in relation to the lug, much higher and closer to the lug than on the wonderful SA helmet you have, which is a Himmler style shell.

MAP
    ?

Missed this thread. Fantastic find! Congrats.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks all for the replies! @helmet2id: I guess you're right, health-wise it would probably be better to not have been to close to Mr Röhm in those days...

?

@ helmet2id: I tried to contact you via PM, but apparently your mailbox is full. If you like, you can contact me via PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast