Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Stahlhelm for good price

Article about: Hi all, I would greatly appreciate some professional opinions on this helmet. It’s a fairly decent price too. Regards, James

?

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    Could very well be. After so many years blood tends to appear very dark, and from the examples I’ve seen of KIA helmets etc, there does tend to be some form of rust corrosion in some helmets.
    Thank you for your reply Andy!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stahlhelm for good price
    P
    Many

?

a little late to the party but wasn't this same helmet sold on Bevo a while back? pretty neat to see these helmets circulating! pretty sure it's a KIA helmet.

If the seller bought it from bevo, it would suprise me that he would sell it again for 70 euro. Unless Bevo militaria is missing a helmet when he returned home from the Ciney militaria exhibition in Belgium....

The liner damage could also be from sweat if this was worn by someone well after the production date. I've seen it happen with fragile old liners but it sure likes like it was worn with an open wound. The deterioration of the paint matches my example. For some reason, the later war M42 paint jobs just don't seem to hold up and you get that mottled look. I don't think it is camouflage but some better photos might prove me wrong. I would by such examples for 70 Euros all day long. : ) Neil

?

i saw it on their website a while back sometime around November. was able to find the page again. search up "m42 ckl66 KIA bevo" should be the first one to come up. pretty much certain it's the same helmet. interesting how it went from being sold for 500 euros to about 70 over the course of a few months

Also a chinstrap seems to have been added since... likely a scam. No one would buy a helmet for 500, add a chinstrap and sell it for not even a fifth of the price.

MAP
    ?

Quote by LucasA View Post
    i saw it on their website a while back sometime around November. was able to find the page again. search up "m42 ckl66 KIA bevo" should be the first one to come up. pretty much certain it's the same helmet. interesting how it went from being sold for 500 euros to about 70 over the course of a few months
    Good eye. That certainly looks like it is the same helmet. Very odd.

James: have you held the helmet/seen it in person or is this something you've seen online? We have certainly seen scams were people steel photos and then list it for sale. If a box ever arrives it is usually empty or filled with junk. One way to combat this is to ask for more photos (in a different setting)

Pawel Nowak - How to protect yourself from the scam.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hope this isn't a scam, but the price is almost too good to be true. Hope it works out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2