Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Strange Luftschutz helmet,opinions

Article about: This has the 3 rivet liner,a cord tied around beaded seam with a Russian front medal attached.No decal on front and looks to have never been one.There is a sideways police decal on side that

Thanks Terry and guys!Will have to go with the experts on this one,it must indeed be a fake decal.I should have done my homework BEFORE I bought it.Someone sure tried to make it look real,it didn't get all those scratches/"wear" sitting in a damp basement!I think I will try and remove it and take off the medal,still a good example of an undecaled Luftschutz.What would be a good way to remove it with out further damage to the shell?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Strange Luftschutz helmet,opinions
    P
    Many

M38
    ?

The most benign way to do it is to either soak it off with water or try to pull it off with really sticky tape, like good masking tape or duct tape. It was almost certainly a water slide so soak a rag with water, cover the decal with the rag, and let it sit for an hour or so. If it works, you will be able to pick it off with your fingernail. Or just keep dabbing at it with sticky tape. Either of those methods will not hurt the paint. Something more drastic - like acetone - will dissolve it and take it off but will also likely discolor or damage the paint as well. Good luck!

Cheers,
    Terry

Thanks I appreciate it!Will show the results.I was wondering, this helmet has only 3 rivets holding the liner on the other helmet has 4,which is more common?Strike that last question,I think I answered it,the 4 rivet is a 3 piece const helmet,the other is 2 piece,anyway these are neat helmets to collect!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3