Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Are these helmets good?

Article about: I can do it again. I can buy a helmet. I'd love to have a nice SD helmet, and I think I've found one. Just need an opinion. I also found a weird Chicken Wire helmet from the same Dealer, Oak

Are these helmets good?

The decaled helmet is an NS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Are these helmets good?
    P
    Many

A few observations to keep in mind regarding the (I guess) NS M42
    Luis
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Are these helmets good?  

Quote by RustyRelics View Post
    Are these helmets good?

The decaled helmet is an NS.
    With the fingerprints looking like that I'm rather sure some sort of oil has been applied to the paint which also explains why the helmet looks so glossy.
    Luis

Also, looking at the other one again (the ND) I can see the same thing, the liner on that one might have been treated, too.

Quote by PotatoDigger View Post
    With the fingerprints looking like that I'm rather sure some sort of oil has been applied to the paint which also explains why the helmet looks so glossy.
    Luis

Also, looking at the other one again (the ND) I can see the same thing, the liner on that one might have been treated, too.
    Was it treated to be fake, or for preservation? I'll ask him that just for kicks as well.

It looks like the search may continue.

MAP
    ?

The first helmet with batch code 4141 is right in the decal lot number range. See no traces of a removed decal. And looks like a fresh coat of paint
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    The first helmet with batch code 4141 is right in the decal lot number range. See no traces of a removed decal. And looks like a fresh coat of paint
    Are you sure?
    I'd say the decal drop date for hkp M42s is around 3100-3300
    At least looking at Frank's database.
    The only decaled ones there are DD Polizei helmets, maybe you looked at NS helmets, but the first one is a hkp, only the second is an NS.
    Luis

Also, I still think the paint on the first (hkp) stands a chance, it's the right shade of feldgrau and the texture I can see from the crappy photos looks promising, but because the entire shell was coated in something it may look a little "off"

Quote by PotatoDigger View Post
    Are you sure?
    I'd say the decal drop date for hkp M42s is around 3100-3300
    At least looking at Frank's database.
    The only decaled ones there are DD Polizei helmets, maybe you looked at NS helmets, but the first one is a hkp, only the second is an NS.
    Luis

Also, I still think the paint on the first (hkp) stands a chance, it's the right shade of feldgrau and the texture I can see from the crappy photos looks promising, but because the entire shell was coated in something it may look a little "off"
    I'm waiting on his email. May take a bit.

I actually think I like the first one better, but I'm going to expand my search elsewhere. Heck, I may just buy a shell and try my hand at a restoration project. I've wanted to try it for a while.

The coating would make sense PotatoDigger, i assume thats why they look a bit... off.

In any case, i would not buy any of these, way to messed with, and not special enough to accept that, no names, no perfectly intact Decals, there are many helmets like these out there, that are umessed with. I would go for those.

MAP
    ?

It's possible I looked at the wrong list. I was in the middle of work.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast