Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Think its fake decals , what do you guys think?

Article about: Even if you click twice, it is not what we need to see. Also, who is the maker? What is the lot #? Any interior photos? Decal photos should be straight on. Like this....

Default Think its fake decals , what do you guys think?

Think its fake decals , what do you guys think?Think its fake decals , what do you guys think?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Think its fake decals , what do you guys think?
    P
    Many

Posting some close ups would be a smart thing to do don’t you think...

click the image twice

MAP
    ?

Even if you click twice, it is not what we need to see.

Also, who is the maker? What is the lot #? Any interior photos?

Decal photos should be straight on. Like this....

Think its fake decals , what do you guys think?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

stamped to interior '4989' and inscribed 'Lt. Kärcher'
    Think its fake decals , what do you guys think?Think its fake decals , what do you guys think?

A simple bit of research would tell you that the SS did not use the rank of lieutenant (Lt), their equivalent rank is: Obersturmfuhrer. That aside, you still didn't post larger resolution pictures, and from what I can see of the decals they look dodgy to say the very least.

Cheers,
    Steve

Cant post any close ups as it at a local auction that I attend and online only, thought I would have a bid if you guys thought it was OK think the name could have been entered by whoever owned the helmet in the past.

MAP
    ?

This is a hard "pass". Beyond what is said above, if you can't get quality photos, why take a chance? And we don't even have the maker. There is a clear correlation between Maker and Decal types on SS helmets. Plus a few makers that didn't even make SS helmets.

Even from these photos, the decals look like those old fake plastic decals that chip and break

Don't gamble with your money.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

thank you, I usually collect bayonets but just fancy a German helmet for my collection

MAP
    ?

Quote by guest5234 View Post
    thank you, I usually collect bayonets but just fancy a German helmet for my collection
    No worries. Always nice to have a helmet, so just keep looking. When you find another one that interests you just post it here for everyone to review.

The goal is to get the right helmet, not the first helmet!